Original topic:

S20ultra

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 10:13 AM)
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hello people!, I hope all is well with you. Unfortunately I dropped my phone and the back glass of my S20 ULTRA got a small crack which can be fixed however my biggest concern is the middle bezel frame got chipped off. I checked with the authorized repair center and they are advising to change the complete display and they wont be able to change just the frame. I can see the metal frame part available separately for about 40$. Any advise with this issue? or anyone know any repair shop around GTA, Ontario, where they can fix the phone without changing the whole display as the display has no crack or scratch and works fine.

I have attached the middle frame link as well if it helps

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 11.48.22 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 11.48.22 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-01 at 11.46.40 AM.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-Ultra-5G-Front-Housing-Middle-Frame/393150248450?hash=it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mittelrahmen-Bezel-Samsung-Galaxy-S20-Ultra-5G-SM-G988B-Grau-Middle-Frame-R...

Any leads and advice will be really helpful.

17 Comments
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Lol😂😂
0 Likes
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I checked that but worried about the quality.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yes, I'd be worried as well! 

ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
from my understanding (and hopefully this helps you some) is with these newer phones and how there getting slimmer, the mid frame of the phone which in this case is metal, can not be replaced separately, the removal of the display from it will 90% of the time kill the display resulting in having the replace it anyways, that's why they recommend a whole new display if replacing the frame as that way you will have a new frame without destroying you display and everything will continue to work the way it should
Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup. Makes sense. I'll then have to use it until the display gets damaged and then will change it.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Alpha1, As the decision is already made by the authorized service technician, I suggest you get the device serviced as they suggested to you.

Here are a few authorized service centers around Toronto.

AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER
Mobile Klinik Toronto Eaton Centre *Appointment available*
Toronto
Address : 220 YONGE STREET, M5B 2H1

SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER
Samsung Experience Store – Toronto Eaton Centre **Curbside service only**
Toronto
Address : 220 Yonge Street, M5H 2H1

Alpha1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you Keagan.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S

As you mentioned @Alpha1
Although it's nice to have your phone uncased I hope you now realize it's actually cheaper to put a case on it rather than go through this fiasco 🤦🤷
Good luck 👍