Original topic:

S21 5G after update

(Topic created on: 09-16-2021 01:35 PM)
mantonton
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After the latest update, my phone will blink after awhile of use, when watching YT full screen, it will had a blink ,then get back to normal view, using Google map full screen, it will get back to home screen, folding small map on right corner. Anyone have the same problem? 
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

A few things to try. 

• Reboot & see. 
  • Boot into Safe Mode & see. 
  • Boot into Recovery & wipe cache.
  • If all else fails, you COULD backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset. 
  • I've never had any updates that crew any issues, so I think that it's unlikely that the update caused the issue you described. 
  • Last resort, visit a Samsung Service center to have it checked out by a technician. 
0 Likes
mantonton
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thx for reply, I will try it out later.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

"Hi mantonton, Please perform the wipe cache partition as suggested by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results. Here are the steps for wipe cache partition of the device:

- Turn off the device.

- tap and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then tap and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- tap the Volume down key several times to highlight the wipe cache partition.

- tap Power key to select.

- tap the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and tap the Power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- tap the Power key to restart the device. "

0 Likes
NitinB
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Doesn't work. Tried switching off PIP aswell. This is getting frustrating
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you backup and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
mantonton
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Try different way to resetmy phone, but no luck.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Power OFF your phone & wait a couple of seconds, then press & HOLD Power + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate. Release BOTH buttons at the same time & wait until you see the Recovery Menu. Use the Volume button to scroll down to "Wipe Data Factory Reset" & Select with the Power button. Wait a few seconds until the screen defaults back to the Recovery Menu "Restart Phone Now" & Select with the Power button. 

It'll take a couple of minutes until the phone boots up to the Welcome screen. 

Your phone will now be as it was when you first received it.