Original topic:

S21 adaptive brightness going crazy?

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 07:20 PM)
Reyzaboleh
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey all, 

My new S21 adaptive brightness keeps turning on by itself then it goes like 0 brightness automatically. Keeps going on over and over again.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
8 Comments
Galaxy S
You might have something covering the proximity sensor. Remove your phone case
0 Likes
Reyzaboleh
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm not using a case tho, still waiting for it to arrive. it happens even when I'm typing vertically with nothing on the top half of the phone 🤔
Galaxy S
Probably because Samsung used a cheap ambient light sensor to cut costs😶 mark my answer as solution if u find it helpful
0 Likes
Reyzaboleh
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
nah mate, I think its a software bug, cause when I turn off adaptive brightness on my A50, it's stays off. on the S21, it turns back on after a while, even in normal power mode. made a feedback report already anyways...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
A50 only has 25mp camera, S21 has a 108mp sensor and a lot new features
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Adaptive brighness is controlled by light sensor, which is normally located next to the front camera for Samsung phones. Try to clean the area and see whether it solves the problem or not. Personally, I don't think it's a software issue as it's a straight forward system with no long, complicated codes. If it's still persist after cleaning, then I guess it's more towards hardware issue.
All the best.
Galaxy S
A lot of phones have adaptive brightness issues, they are usually fixed by software updates, like the Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5, the Redmi Note 8 Pro. So wait for updates and it will eventually be fixed. mark my ans as solution
M4ri0
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same issue, it started a couple of weeks ago.

The not fun fact is, I turned the auto brightness of, and after a couple of minutes, the system is turning it on automatically...

Next phone might not be a Samsung. This is not usable any more (galaxy 20+ Ultra)

0 Likes