Original topic:

S21 Exynos Overheating issue

(Topic created on: 07-20-2021 04:34 AM)
UserUnsatisfied
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, just purchased a Samsung S21 Exynos phone and I am really frustrated. From only regular 5 min usage I get 40 degrees Celsius oh temperature. Never on my old Pixel did I reach this levels, neither when playing a game while charging the phone. With this heat the battery won't last more than a year. I don't get this phone. High specs that can't be used due to high temperatures. I new I was taking a risk with Samsung product (non existent quality control processes) but unfortunately I made this mistake. If anyone has a solution, happy to listen.

8 Comments
Galaxy S
I've had my device since launch and I haven't experienced any overheating issues whatsoever. I believe you might have a defective unit, in which case contact Samsung Support directly to help you get a replacement device.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please confirm the place of purchase.

Read the following information if your device is getting too hot:

Poor signal strength can cause the device to work harder in order to obtain a better connection. Please check your network connection.

If the device is hot while charging, remove any cases or pouches from the device and then check the USB connection for corrosion. Make sure the charger is removed once the battery is fully charged. Failing to do so can overheat the device.

Check if the device is exposed to extreme heat or direct sunlight.

Heavy usage of the device, such as streaming media, playing games, or Tethering/Hotspot can cause the device to heat up. Apps that require more power can also cause the device to overheat.

If apps are not running properly, ensure the device is being charged on a flat surface and remove the case if applicable.

Note: Samsung is not responsible for any damage to batteries or chargers. Exit apps that are not in use. 

Update the device by opening Settings, tapping Software update, and then tapping Check for software updates or Download and install.

Galaxy S
Samsung Canada S21 processor is using Snapdragon 888, not Exynos processor. Maybe your phone is from other countries.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Not "maybe", but very definitely it's NOT a North American phone.

It's almost certainly a European phone.

He can go to Settings > About Phone >  Software Information & In the Build Number he's going to have the letter "F" after the model number & not a "W" if it's a Canadian phone or a "U" / "U1" if it were an American phone, but it's definitely not either Canadian or American. 

Galaxy S

My bad, I have wrongfully posted on the Canadian community. I am from Europe and the phone has been purchased in Europe

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

No problem. The Internet doesn't exactly have borders, at least not for most countries. It's easy to make a wrong turn at the rock of Gibraltar :) 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We request you to contact Samsung Europe support and they will help you further.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If you're from UK, this is the forum's link :
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk
0 Likes