Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S21 FE esim feature disabled

(Topic created on: 01-15-2022 04:35 AM)
cantthinkofnicknames
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
It's unbelievable that the rest of S21 series supports esim except the newly launched S21 FE disabled this feature at launch, please add this feature in the next update! Thank you!
24 Comments
freewill_neo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Not happening. Same story with s20fe waited for more than a year... looks like samsung themselves are in cohorts with apple to bring down their sales by offering no E sim. Only Apple does esim
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
We have a s21+ and since upgrade to Android 12, we have the option for esim . But on the s20fe, we didn't get the upgrade to Android 12 yet, so no esim.
0 Likes
freewill_neo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is bringing back hope after wait for more than a year. Thanks.. let's wait and see
0 Likes
freewill_neo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am sad to say that I'm correct, s20fe received android 12 and guess what no esim!!!!
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi cantthinkofnicknames, Please note that the eSIM feature will be enabled via a software update. The update time may vary depending on the baseband version and carrier. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hi Valeriya, thanks for your reply, can you clarify that the esim firmware update will come to S21 FE but not just S21/+/ultra? Thanks!

edit: Online CSR stated it should be available in the next OS update. (And it didn't happen)

alekooo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Is there any news on this issue?

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Unfortunately not, the S21 FE One UI 4.1 Update was scheduled for yesterday 15th March however removed from the carrier update list at the very last minute.

gregoko
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello Samsung team, 

2 years ago! you said there that eSIM will be added to the S21 FE in future. So, future has come, where is eSIM support? I know that s21 fe has hardware for this, but not software yet. Please, add it!!!

0 Likes