Original topic:

S21+ Green Line Issue

(Topic created on: 06-05-2024 02:01 PM)
weikudz96
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Today my Galaxy S21+ suddenly came out with a visible green line.

Anyone have similar issue?

I'm sure that i did not drop my phone at all.

Is there any free replacement of the screen provided by Samsung Malaysia?

If not, how much will it costs?

8 Comments
Heyrisz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah my s22 too....did u get it after the updates?
0 Likes
weikudz96
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm on 1 May 2024 security update right now, updated it like 2 weeks ago.

Today it just appeared out of sudden while I'm using my phone 😢
Qafix
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Pasting my comment from another user's post.

You're not the only one. Lots of people are having this issue once they updated recently. Mine is a green line. No statement issued by Samsung as to the fix and if you're lucky they might reach out to you but it's a crapshoot. Some might say to send in to Samsung to get the screen replaced but if software update caused this surely there could be a software solution. To replace the screen would be around RM700-RM1000 depending if you send to Samsung or other repair shops so not worth the cost.
weikudz96
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i see. so did u eventually replace the green line screen?
0 Likes
Qafix
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No, too expensive. Plus if it was caused by software, it could be fixed by software in the future. Some people have successfully sent their phones to Samsung to get it replaced and it was done for free. But that was only because there was no other reason they could point to getting a screen replaced. If say, there was some indication like you dropped your phone or maybe some perspiration entered the phone then they can use it against and quote the high price.
ElvanB
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
No official statement from Samsung yet but if your phone in perfect physical condition, you can go to samsung service center and ask them whether they want to fix it for free or not. They usually extend the warranty for screen issues and offer free 1 time replacement without ever said anything officially like they did with Note 9 and S20/Note20 series.
0 Likes
weikudz96
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
wow, great to know this! will give it a try to the service center this weekend :)
0 Likes
ElvanB
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Or u may call and check with them 1st as to not waste your time going to the center. Explain your issue to them. They can help you check and explain the terms, if possible to claim free screen change. I did the same with my Note 9 a few years back. Bought the phone secondhand that time with warranty already expired but Samsung still allow to claim :)
0 Likes