Original topic:

S21 myumobile device

(Topic created on: 08-26-2021 06:10 PM)
drpult
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi
This is really frustrating, but did anyone buy a s21 5G phone under umobile device plan/upackage plan and noticed the myumobile app has irrevocable permissions to files and media, contact location and camer and the app cant be uninstalled?

initially i just wanna enquire, but i have been pushed back and forth between samsung and umobile 

I only havr said issue with the myumobile app, anyone else?
Umobile called and said even if it was a device bought under a plan under them, i (consumers) should b able to uninstall the app

Anyone else bought an s21 5G device under umobile package/device plan and CAN uninstall the said app/ remove said permissions? 

Please do comment 
14 Comments
amirfakhri1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Uninstall as you do ,if not go to safe mode by press volume down and power key ,then go to setting ,search app ,then choose app want to uninstall. After back go back by reboot on screen with power icon .
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
or u could also go to safe mode simply by press and hold power off symbol, much more easier and safe 😁
0 Likes
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi thx for your reply;
Ive tried and still cant;
Umobile just called and mentioned the device is now no longer under contract, and that i should b able to uninstall it as any normal app;
Any idea what else could be the problem?
0 Likes
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
sorry but i dont know since i never buy phone from telco so i cant help.. others people might know but not yet read your post☺☺
0 Likes
amirfakhri1
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
If can't it is has locked by isp telco provider.
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
But when ive informed them and inquire if its cz its a telco device, they said even if so, i should b able to delete ??
Bt thx, will tryout the your suggested steps and update
Thnks amirfakhri1
0 Likes
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup cant; is it normal for telco isp to lock telco device? I mean thats wad they mean by telco devices riggt ?
0 Likes
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
btw for all those who liked the post, anyone have similar experience as described?
Is this normal with telco phone
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Is Umobile app in your phone preinstalled when you first purchased it?
0 Likes