Original topic:

S21 myumobile device

(Topic created on: 08-27-2021 10:37 AM)
drpult
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi
This is really frustrating, but did anyone buy a s21 5G phone under umobile device plan/upackage plan and noticed the myumobile app has irrevocable permissions to files and media, contact location and camer and the app cant be uninstalled?

initially i just wanna enquire, but i have been pushed back and forth between samsung and umobile 

I only havr said issue with the myumobile app, anyone else?
Umobile called and said even if it was a device bought under a plan under them, i (consumers) should b able to uninstall the app

Anyone else bought an s21 5G device under umobile package/device plan and CAN uninstall the said app/ remove said permissions? 

Please do comment 
14 Comments
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Haha didnt notice it then
but an update to everyone reading here;
Went to samsung and they informed that its knox lock
And they offered to reprogramme? The whole software and remove the lock;
But after 30 mins, came back the phone was reset, and the app preinstalls itself again; then advised to go back to umobile and have them ask the upper management to remove the 'instructions' to lock?

ANY of these sound legit to anyone who is a software engineer?
Haha
Best part is, phone isnt even under contract (hence not a telco unit-was informed yesterday by umobile)
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
If uninstalling the app is still not possible, then the other option is to disable it. Space usage is at minimal ( kb ) and is as good as uninstalling it.
All the best bro.
drpult
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thx for your suggestion;
LYSHUEN
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
😀
0 Likes
danielc202
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi, i recently gotten s23 after using s21 for 3 years and currently facing this issue too. I guess is telco policy is being enforced. No choice had to leave it in. I switch to Maxis instead and no issue from the new s23
0 Likes