Tallman
Options
Galaxy S

Source from Sammobile:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - SamMobile

Snapdragon 888, 12/16GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage

No mention about SD card slot

Glass back panel

SPen support (sold separately)  <-- No place to put SPen on S21 device???

Could have no physical wall charger and wired headphones (Follow Apple path)

Looking forward to the S21 Unpacked on Jan 13th or 14th, 2021 (Rumor date)

19 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I would agree.
sam007
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
will it have esim as well
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
as usual "ya of course we will release an update in near future to enable esim". So if you buy it based on promises you will be waiting forever for what promised to
materialize. like I said before next phone will be not samsung for me
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Remember when Samsung said they were working on an update for the LED that they removed?? 

They never did! 

LED, Headphone jack, O² Sensor & now the external sd card!

Soon the only thing in the box will be the screen.. 

300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I agree for the most part with your original statement. It seems to me like they are watching what 🍎 does and then saying well if they are offering less for more why can't we. These changes don't affect the new people but the core Samsung fans are left scratching their heads.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I would agree. but I think Samsung really back them selves in to a corner when the did the major price in creases over the past 2 years. samsung increased the prices of the "base S series model" by about $50 or so getting ever closer to that $1000 threshold, and then bam!. $300 price jump and then now the base model S20 is $1300.

now samsung crossed that $1000 line where not many want to cross. but samsung wants to keep that same profit margin. but the only way I can see samsung lowering the price and keeping the profit margin is to cut build costs. which is not a good thing necessarily for us customers because features are being clawed back or axed to cut cost.
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
What is samsung doing? 1080p, plastic, no SD card, flat screen (finally, but flatter screens should make a phone cheaper to produce), and no charger, for the exact same starting price as last year.

There is little to no chance ill ever be buying a galaxy device after my S10e. Maybe if they significantly decrease the price of the Z Flip ill grab that in the coming years, but I dont see myself getting an S series device ever again, and the A series makes too many compromises.
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I was looking forward to the S21+ as my S10+ is due for an upgrade. Was hoping for an improvement over the S20+ but given no SD card and a 1080 screen, I have to start looking elsewhere. Not an iOS fan, any suggestions?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@DTS

Buy a Note 20 ultra or wait to see if Samsung will also killed the Note 21 

@JohnH say : What is samsung doing? 1080p, plastic, no SD card, flat screen (finally, but flatter screens should make a phone cheaper to produce), and no charger, for the exact same starting price as last year.  

For me it's unacceptable

DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks! I ended up ordering a 512 GB S21 Ultra.