Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S21 plus - auto focus not focusing in Pro Mode

(Topic created on: 03-13-2021 02:02 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S

I've been experimenting a lot with the camera on my S21 plus, and am noticing that the auto focus is amazing in the regular photo mode, but when I switch to pro mode, auto focus doesn't really focus a majority of the time; the photo almost always stays blurry unless I manually select what to focus on before snapping the shot. and yes, I cleaned the camera prior to using it.

I've tried to configure pro mode settings like ISO, aperture etc. and none of it seems to make a difference. I've tested it in both bright lighting and low light conditions and auto focus just doesn't focus.

I've also been through the settings multiple times and have tested it w/ the tracking auto-focus on and off and still have this issue. I don't see any other settings that could relate to auto focus, unless there's something I missed please let me know your thoughts.

is anyone else having this issue? I also updated my phone to the latest system update and all my apps are up to the latest versions.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Have you tried Wipe Cache Partition after system upgrade:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold Vol down and power key until you are in Recovery mode
- Release both keys
- Use Vol up and down to navigate
- Use Power key to confirm
- Select Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Reboot system

Test auto focus again.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Have you tried Wipe Cache Partition after system upgrade:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold Vol down and power key until you are in Recovery mode
- Release both keys
- Use Vol up and down to navigate
- Use Power key to confirm
- Select Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Reboot system

Test auto focus again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

thanks! it was actually the volume up key but I managed to wipe the partition.

tested the pro mode again and the auto focus while set to multi is working better now, though still a bit off at times. I guess the multi area auto focus needs some work.

Also tested the centre auto focus and it also works perfectly now, I guess I'll stick to that until the multi area is improved further hopefully. thank you!

0 Likes
esor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I find the camera **bleep** on my S20+ ... it worked great until a few updates back. I can't use the flash or auto focus either
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ooops, sorry about mixed up the keys. I usually type procedure, instead of having template (copy and paste). But glad that your problem seems to be solved.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Hi, if @Tallman's solution don't work , i suggest you to read this post in US forum...maybe we have'nt receive this update yet ?!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Grainy-dark-and-soft-focus-pictures-in-Pro-mode/td-p/...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

interesting, thanks for sharing! I looked through those posts and it seems like the multi area auto focus in pro mode certainly needs some work. some of the descriptions of the issue in that link sound very similar to what I was experiencing. if I set the auto focus to centre area, it works perfectly fine. guess I'll stick to that for now.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Kya_art, Please try the resolution provided by Tallman and check if the issue got resolved. It is recommended that you do not position subjects within too close distances from device to take clear photos, and keep the proper distances between device and object.

0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Mine same .. photos blurry.. wtheck??
0 Likes