Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S21: Portrait Mode Backdrop

(Topic created on: 02-25-2021 12:53 PM)
MegaGaelicat
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
In the new Portrait mode, there is the ability to edit the background effect of a photo via the Gallery. One new background effect is "Backdrop" that sets a color to the background.

Is there a way to change the Backdrop color?
0 Likes
6 Comments
Solution
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You can use Sketchbook app and play with layers. Bottom layer add whatever effect you like, and top layer use lasso and cut out the in focus subject and erase the rest.
Or, use some app. Just Google background changer in either of the store apps. Galley doesn't have an option to do your desired task.
MegaGaelicat
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Darn. I was hoping that when they demoed the feature, it would allow for the Backdrop color to be changed right within the Gallery app for added convenience. Thanks for the alternative suggestions.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi MegaGaelicat, Here are the steps: Navigate to App Screen > Select Settings > Select Gallery > Select any Portrait image > Tap on Adjust Background Blur > Tap on Portrait Backdrop. Please feel free to get back to us.

0 Likes
MegaGaelicat
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi Valeriya, thank you for providing directions on how to apply a Portrait Backdrop. However, my question was if it was possible to change the color of the Portrait Backdrop that is applied? For example, I have a Portrait image where the Portrait Backdrop slider is applying a blue background and I would like the Portrait Backdrop to be a different color.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We are sorry the option which you are referring to is not available.

0 Likes
Brock3lla
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
That's odd. I was looking for a solution too! My background colour is a peachy orange colour and I can't change it. That should be an easy fix/option to include in an update.