Original topic:

S21 Ultra freezing after last update

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 09:59 PM)
JoySharma
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys, is anyone recently facing issues woth S21 ultra after the last update?
My phone has started freezing, hangs alot and be omes unresponsive.
Any suggestions?

5 Comments
maxfield034
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Put your device in recovery mode and perform Wipe Cache Partition.

0 Likes
JoySharma
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Already done that. Still the same. Even removed 3rd party apps too.....its is still going crazy....
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Since you already Wiped Cache, and it appears that you Booted into Safe Mode (disabled 3rd party apps), if it was my device, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we appreciate your efforts in performing the necessary troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

As you have tried everything but the issue is still there, we suggest you to perform back up and factory reset by following the steps in the given links.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
jmc3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Wow, glad I'm not alone here.

My wife had the S21 and I had the S21+. After the last update, we both started experiencing slowness, phone hanging up, the works. When you went to unlock the phone, you couldn't get it unlocked, or it would just hang up doing something like navigating through the settings menu.

We both tried wiping the cache partition as well as doing a full factory reset. Nothing worked and after weeks of dealing with it, we both got new phones.

She went with the Z Flip and I went with the S22+.

Now here's the funny part -- her phone is doing just fine and is no longer experiencing an issue. My phone is now dealing with the EXACT same issue as the S21+ -- right after I updated to the latest update. My S22+ is brand new and I've had it for less than 48 hours.

Something's up with the last update Samsung pushed and I feel like something will surface soon. This is ridiculous!