Original topic:

S21 Ultra gets Warmer than normal

(Topic created on: 02-14-2021 01:33 PM)
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I notice that the temperature of the S21 Ultra gets extremely warmer when I am on videos calls or when I use the camera. By warmer, it almost feels like it's overheating. Normally when I was on my Note 10+ I would do videos calls and the phone would be warm, but not as warm as the S21 Ultra. The Ultra tends get so warm that it gave me an error message saying that due to phone temperature I can't use Muli-Window. Is this something I should be concern? Is anyone experiencing these said issues?
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
All i can say is that I don't video chat so can't comment on that but do take alot of pictures (work related) and my S21 Ultra doesn't heat up while using the camera. Is your phone updated ( latest firmware, apps .. ) and as mentioned by @RedDogRabbit, wiping cache from recovery isn't a bad idea. Good luck.
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I did do cache wipe and I'm on the latest update. The phone doesn't overheat when I use the camera, but I can feel that it is warm. when I am watching videos or browsing the phone is okay. when I'm on voice calls it is also okay, but anything having to do with the camera it gets warm.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Warm is fine, having basic functions being disabled because of temperature is not normal. 

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I just tested by doing a 15 min video using directors view so it uses all cameras. It does get quite warmer than my Note 10+ .
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

But did you have the fire dept knocking on your door?

😂😂

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Phone in one hand, fire extinguisher in the other. Lucky i didn't have to use it though. 😁
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
lol
0 Likes
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
from the sound of it I might not have to worry too much about it then
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well if it's warm, that's to be expected, but it's not normal if the phone is shutting down basic functions. Remember that the phone is designed to be used for video chat & other camera features. 

If you were in a Sauna with an ambient temperature of 140° C & Video chatting, then I would HOPE that your phone would shut down some functions 🙂

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Well you did get the error message which isn't quite normal. I just browsed around the net and there are quite a few complaints about this. Hopefully a software update can resolve this.