Original topic:

S21 Ultra gets Warmer than normal

(Topic created on: 02-14-2021 01:50 PM)
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I notice that the temperature of the S21 Ultra gets extremely warmer when I am on videos calls or when I use the camera. By warmer, it almost feels like it's overheating. Normally when I was on my Note 10+ I would do videos calls and the phone would be warm, but not as warm as the S21 Ultra. The Ultra tends get so warm that it gave me an error message saying that due to phone temperature I can't use Muli-Window. Is this something I should be concern? Is anyone experiencing these said issues?
27 Comments
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I am going to make a few more video calls and see what happens. if there is a repeat for sure, I will be contacting Samsung about it.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Let us know what happens.
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I did some more video calls, the phone sometimes get warmer than the norm and sometimes it's just the average warm. most of the times when I do a voice call it's not even warm. I can recall it getting warm only once during voice call. It didn't prevent me from using the phone. browsing is okay and watching videos is okay as well. haven't gotten error code when I try to multi task while on a video call
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
lol! understand, I will definitely be monitoring the situation. try making some more videos calls and see what happens
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
You all are very helpful and somewhat funny at times 🙄🤪🤣
I'm surprised nobody said try a factory reset, after backing up all your stuff with smartswitch and /or the cloud of course 1st🤷
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Was going to suggest wrapping the phone in tinfoil 😂😂😂🤙🤸‍♂️

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
C'mon now, uknow as well as I do that its much more effective to use tinfoil like this 🤣🙃👈....
https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU
onematt
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Guys this is a serious issue. I just sold my note 10 plus thinking the s21 must be better for gaming.
It overheats like crazy, dropping fps and game performance. The fps drops below 30.. unacceptable for a flagship phone. It's crazy Samsung gets away with this.
0 Likes