Original topic:

S21 ultra GPS issues

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 03:15 AM)
Pumpking
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi All,

Anyone else experiencing GPS issues? I am facing this on Google maps and waze. GPS signal will be lost after a few minutes and the phone will just search for GPS.  I have tried various fixes recommended like switching off 5G, rebooting, switching off and on location services.... to no avail.

Resolved!
50 Comments
Pumpking
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have tried your suggestions and they do not work. I have tested with my wife's iPhone 12 and my old Asus zenfone 6 In the car at the SAME TIME with my s21 ultra. Only the s21 ultra has trouble with the GPS. Says searching For GPS... and has difficulty locking on to GPS after that. It is unusable. The poster below seems to have the same issues even outdoors running. Really frustrating that samsubgs top end device has issues like these when iPhone etc has zero issues. 

Even my old Asus phone GPS is working fine. 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please could you try to back up and reset your device.

To Backup data:

From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Back up data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select the content you want to back up, or simply tap Select all. When you are ready, tap Back up at the bottom of the screen. Tap Done when it is finished syncing.

To restore the data:

From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select your desired device (at the top of the screen), and then select the content you want to restore. Next, tap Restore at the bottom of the screen. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

0 Likes
Ethan121
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

The good news is gps was working fine for me back in May so it might just be a software issue.

0 Likes
Pumpking
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have identified my car camera as interrupting with the GPS signal. Even though it does not interfere with the other phones I own. It seems to interfere with the s21 ultra. After I removed the camera or moved the phone further away, the GPS is able to lock on. Thanks. 

0 Likes
TomaszZak
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

If true that is root cause not solution, if anyone  understand problem solution metodology, firstly we have to check whats is change and only change in that point is S21, I was using previously smartphone:

- Huaweii Mate 20Pro 
- OnePlus 8T 
- LG G8 of My wife
- Iphone 12 of my coworker

All of them works without any issues in same car, with same electrical devices, and same window tinted and heating

So I dont know maybe antena is to weak, mayby smartphone itself have to low electromagnetic insulation or anything else, I dont know, but fact is that smartphone which is also my car navigation dont work properly, and I expect some support.

schmodygirl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Both my husband and I have the S21 Ultra 5G and mine is fine, his loses GPS signal constantly. We are on our 3rd road trips to Las Vegas in the last 5 weeks, and his won't stay connected. 

0 Likes
Mosahm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi ,All of these workaround it's not work with me. I am really bissed from this device

dealmeister
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah its all BS. There is a problem with the phone. No question.

0 Likes
Woodworker66
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have two other ppl in the car right now and neither of their phones is havi g the issue, even sitting in the same holder.

After 4 reboots mine is working again.

Unacceptable.

Members_r3JV24s
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

It didnr help