Original topic:

S21 Ultra June Security Patch Canada

(Topic created on: 06-17-2021 02:04 PM)
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Unacceptable software patch delays.

This is your latest flagship. There are a higher than median amount of security vulnerabilities in June and still no patch for the most recent and powerful device you offer. 

It's unacceptable to delah a software security patch this long for any phone under warranty, let alone your most most coveted. 

I hope no one loses any data or is compromised with this phone right now, and I hope you would as well. You are very wide open a subject to major litigation in Canada right now for providing a new device under mandatory warranty and not updating it for latest vulnerabilities. 
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Oh relax, it's not even a month since the S21 received an update.

It'll be available soon enough. 

And "major litigation" lmao 😂 😂 😂 

Screenshot_20210617_142702.jpg

OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
There have been 2 patches to address the vulnerabilities elsewhere so please don't talk like that. I am well aware of the circumstances.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where is "elsewhere" 🙄

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Far far away.

Some people complain just for the sake of complaining.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I especially liked the eye raising threat of "major litigation" 😂

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Europe, Asia and even USA since more than a week ago. The June patch is widely available, except here. That complaint is thus valid.
Version AUE8 started May 30th in Europe and May 26th in Korea, June 3rd in Asia, June 7th in South America.
Version AUE3 started on June 6th in USA. You'll agree that this aptly fits the description of "elsewhere".
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Frequently updates arrive at different times in different regions, but I'm sure that you would agree, that the "major litigation" comment is just nonsense, & smacks of an entitled, self absorb attitude. 

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
The user doesn't understand how this situation came to be and might very well have used that as a way to pressure Samsung Canada to react.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If Samsung consumers, could pressure Samsung to do almost anything, I'd be shocked.

Samsung repeatedly ignores the consumer's wants & needs.

I sadly laugh at some member's threats to switch to iPhones etc, & one person's threat of "major litigation", is just laughable.

Samsung will do what Samsung wants, they have proven that time & again. 

0 Likes