Original topic:

S21 Ultra June Security Patch Canada

(Topic created on: 06-18-2021 08:36 AM)
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Unacceptable software patch delays.

This is your latest flagship. There are a higher than median amount of security vulnerabilities in June and still no patch for the most recent and powerful device you offer. 

It's unacceptable to delah a software security patch this long for any phone under warranty, let alone your most most coveted. 

I hope no one loses any data or is compromised with this phone right now, and I hope you would as well. You are very wide open a subject to major litigation in Canada right now for providing a new device under mandatory warranty and not updating it for latest vulnerabilities. 
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I totally agree that Samsung does not give a cent for customer thought. They do what they think that is to play obedient servant role to the carriers
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Were all new customers aware of that, there wouldn't be any new customers, wouldn't it?

On that note, did you know that they now plan to serve auto-playing banner video ads on this app? Yup. It won't be long until you'll have to watch a 30s ad to see the weather or even have to listen to a full-fledged series of promotional podcasts every time you want to listen to your music.
Galaxy S
@OmarAlWardian, I own the S21 Ultra and this post is totally nonsense. How do you know there are a higher than median amount of vulnerabilities in June, a delay in the software patch and open to major litigation in Canada for providing a device under mandatory warranty that has not yet been updated?
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I'm just here for the comments 🍿
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

According to Telus' Update schedule, the S21 phones will receive the June Security Patch Update June 29th.

It's a security update + optimisation

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

Screenshot_20210618_125523.jpg