S21 Ultra not support esim

(Topic created on: 04-26-2021 12:12 AM)
barmod
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi
I got my 21 ultra 2days ago
And i try to add my 2nd phone line because I thought it support 2 sim but it's not 🙄
22 Comments
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Are you in North America? Does your carrier support esim?
0 Likes
barmod
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, Canada.
0 Likes
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I did some research for you and discovered that service providers in Canada only allow esim support on the iPhone XR and newer iPhone models. It was discovered that the S21 family of devices supports eSIM (where available). As a result, even though the system is capable, Samsung is likely to have disabled eSIM for the Canadian models. I suggest you contact your service provider to make sure it's not something they need to enable on their end in order for the esim choice to appear, just to be sure. 🙂
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's untrue. Carriers will gladly provision an eSIM on Google Pixels and any other phone that will expose its eSIM. A quick search online would have revealed that information. You are however correct when you said that Samsung disabled eSIM in our region.
Rodigal
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh yea, Thanks.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Barmod, Unfortunately, we do not have the e-sim settings for S21.

0 Likes
barmod
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So s21 ultra is not a dual sim is single sim!

Samsung next time don't say your phone's is dual sim 😡

$2000+ phone and is not dual sim
Going back to iPhone better 🙄

barmod
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @barmod, 

Hope you are doing well and thank you for your feedback. The S21 Ultra provides Dual SIM function on H/W and eSIM is also available but eSIM can only be used if carrier agrees as well.

Best regards,

Samsung_Ben

0 Likes