Original topic:

S21 ultra one UI 4 problems

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 06:22 PM)
Kaler
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
So they haven't fixed the problems with this new update. Back gesture from both sides just stops working randomly and keyboard just doesn't show up. I tried factory reseting my phone. I thought today's update might fix it but nothing its been over a month and there is no fix out yet. Does anyone else have this problems too ?? 
0 Likes
19 Comments
overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm having issues with the playstore, more specifically it doesn't allow me to update or install random programs even the ones I bought. I tried clearing the cache and even reset my phone to no avail. Today's update didn't address the issue either. I know our issues are different but I'm not sure where else to post it. Everything worked well on the previous version of Android
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's possible, that if the apps you are having issues with, are older & haven't been updated to work with Android 12 you could have issues trying to update or install them.

Just because you purchased them, doesn't mean that they are compatible. 

overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Fair statement, let me give you an example, nova launcher paid version, contains two install files, actual launcher which i cannot install and license key which installs without any issues. Another example is my stock portfolio app which won't install. Installs just fine on my friends newest pixel and it's compatible with Android 12 as per playstore.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I just right now downloaded and installed both Nova and Nova Prime just to test it out and it installed and works fine. Weird!
overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Indeed it's weird. After the hard reset of my phone I set it up as a new phone rather than installing from a backup to avoid potentially carrying over the problem, issues still persist
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I would think we should all have more or less the same issues if it's caused by the update. Hope you guys get this resolved soon.
overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks, I'll do another clean install including cache partition wipe. Will report back in case there are others with similar issues
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you're planning on doing another Factory Reset, I'd suggest that you not Restore anything initially at least. See if you still have the same issues after the Factory Reset & NOT having restored ANYTHING. It's possible that you could be inadvertently restoring the problems? 

0 Likes
overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks, I tend not to restore from backs for that very reason