Original topic:

S22 Constantly Overheating

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 08:13 AM)
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since purchasing my S22, it has been constantly overheating and lagging ALOT. When I open the camera app, it lags and is choppy for about 5 seconds before it stabilizing. It does this for any app that uses the camera (ie: Snapchat).

I've been using the Galaxy series for over 10 years now and this is by far the worst experience I've had with any of them. Even the S20+ that I upgraded from outperformed this one by leaps and bounds and never overheated once.

Is there a flaw with these phones that I am unaware of?
0 Likes
14 Comments
Le_Meteque
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
One of the reasons I've been holding on to my S10+...
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hey Elemenoh, when did you purchase the S22?

I have the S22 Ultra and I am not experiencing this issue. It does get a bit warm when i am charging it with my 45W charger, but that's it.
Also which model did you have? Plus? Ultra?
Did you also by any extended warranty or Samsung Care?
Also please check the Samsung diagnostic menu and get the device temperature.

0 Likes
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Just the base model, the S22. I've had it for about a month so it should be under warranty?
0 Likes
Aber
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Take it back
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Here's just an example of what I get on a daily basis. Temperature was 52C upon checking after that notification.Screenshot_20220811-101440_Camera_450_1660234483.png
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
did it start recently or since you bought the phone?
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Since I bought it on the 4th of July.
Galaxy S

Have you had a chance to take it back to the place you purchased it from? It seems like it could be a defective device if it has been happening since you purchased it.

Yes, it would have a factory warranty on it, but you would need to ship the phone out.

I would go back to the place you purchased it from as its been just over a month

0 Likes
Elemenoh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah I'll look into doing that and see what they say. Shipping it off would be a hassle.
0 Likes