Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S22+ not receiving calls properly on 4G, but fine on 3G

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 09:23 PM)
wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, my Galaxy 22+ stopped receiving calls properly for the last 2 weeks. Had it for several months on the same SIM, same carrier. When downgrading to 3G works fine.

Also when i insert the SIM in my old S8+ works fine.

Another bit of info. While calling my phone from the home phone i dont get a dial tone. S22 rings for a few seconds then cuts off. Home phone then goes to hung up tone and not voicemail.

Very confused as it doesnt seem to be the SIM, but the phone.

Also tried my son's SIM and the same happens.

Not sure if this is relevant, but also saw new icon for VOLTE, which i didnt notice before, but this is supposedly standard under 4G?

Any help appreciated, thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi all, sorry to say that Aldimobile support offered no help and i have now switched to amaysim, no affiliation. Everything on my samsung s22+ is now working fine and i am also getting the benefit of full 5g and still data banking.

View solution in context

34 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @wolfnanna

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you Claudette for your quick response. I have forwarded an Error Report with system log to Support.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It is not clear whether you have turned VoLTE on. If not, attempt to do so.First, open your call app, look at top corner, find relevant settings, look if VoLTE is there and turn it on. Second, go to Settings, Networks and see if VoLTE is an option, usually seen as an option like 4G or LTE Volte.

I am not uptodate but check if your ISP has activated VoLTE against your account. My out of date knowledge is that it is available on Telstra, Boost, Optus and Vodafone but will be extended to resellers and others as part of 3G going to be discontinued. Explanation. Phone calls were handled by 3G, not 4G even when you were using 4G for data, wifi, etc. VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE (4G)
wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi Troubadour, thank you for your reply. In the latest UI update this option was removed from the network settings. I am with aldimobile a telstra reseller and think that they have volte activated as i can see the icon, when i set my phone to 4G. Havent spoken to them yet, as the issue seems to be specific to my s22, works fine in my s8+.
ppear99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Ive got the issue half the calls to me are greeted with a dah doo tone and no redirect to voice mail. If they get past this my Samsung S21 rings twice and hangs up. Seemed to happen after a recent upgrade or the VoLTE change.
wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes that sounds identical to my issue. Only started to happen a couple of weeks ago and i never noticed the volte icon before. What provider are you with?
ppear99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Aldi. Thanks for raising this. I put an eticket in with Aldi couple of hours ago. Seems more like a network issue but could be Samsung. My Aldi network friend that can't get through to me uses a Pixel and that works fine. Interestingly a video call seemed to work OK.
wolfnanna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sounds like we got all bases covered. Pls let me know if you get any reply from Aldimobile. I will update if Samsung support finds anything.
0 Likes
ppear99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Will do. I haven't approached SAMSUNG myself yet. Last day or two things seem to be normal with all calls getting through. Ill keep you updated and let you know one way or the other. Aldi may have done something. Ill check the eticket in a day or so.
0 Likes