Original topic:

S22 not working with android auto

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 04:00 AM)
District25
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I recently upgraded from my Note10+ to an S22 Ultra and now I am getting a blank/black screen. I've tried deleting Android Auto and reinstalling with the new update. I've cleared the cache and am still getting the same thing. I'll continue to search the feed for additional fixes, but I'm hoping that  Samsung has a solution for their device. Android Auto is a huge safety capability that I have enjoyed for years prior to upgrading my device. 

16 Comments
BQSerge
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Same problem mate, pioneer is saying it's a Samsung problem and they'll refund your phone if you want
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @District25, thanks for reaching out. That's strange. As you've already mentioned trying the typical troubleshooting steps, I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @District25, thanks for reaching out. That's strange. As you've already mentioned trying the typical troubleshooting steps, I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
NeilD1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

How is this still not resolved? Come on, this is a $2000 phone. I got a fine for having my phone on the cradle in the car. This is ridiculous. 

Members_fAp1fZa
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My 2018 Honda CRV head unit was not detecting the Android Auto on my S22 Ultra when I connected the cable to it. However, when I unplugged it and connected my old Note 10+, It was able to detect AA and I could use all the functions.

I eventually solved this problem for my S22 Ultra by using the Type C to Type C cable and a USB Adaptor. When i connected the cable to my S22 Ultra, the head unit picked up the AA and launched it immediately. After some basic configuration, I was able to use the AA again. A quick swap to my Note 10+ also launched the AA. Problem officially solved for me by using a type c to Type C cable and a USB Adaptor.

Hope this works for the rest of you as well.

0 Likes
MissTrish
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have also tried this but unfortunately no luck. My car is a 2019 Subaru Forester. This is a huge issue and Samsung needs to resolve this immediately.

0 Likes
AlGardo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm also having problem with my S22 Ultra. I have a pioneer aftermarket head unit in my Toyota which worked perfectly with my note20 but since upgrading I now just get a black screen even though the phone says it's connected with android auto... I had this phone for a few months now with still no fix. It's rediculous.
0 Likes
MissTrish
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I seem to have a solution - just last night I purchased this cable and it FINALLY worked: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/samsung-data-cable-combo-type-c-and-micro-usb
0 Likes
waelshoukry
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had issues with my new S22 not connecting to AA. I was using the cable used with my older Android phone. Switched to a Samsung cable (the one that came with the Galaxy Buds since one end is standard USB for the car and the other is type-C for the phone) That solved the problem. Good luck.

0 Likes