Galaxy S
My s22 is running hot  alot for no reason 
could my phone be hacked?? the battery is draining to
acting weird 

15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Hackers will generally go after targets of value, and you're right, governments, corporations etc. Going after individuals, unless they have a public profile / interest would be extremely rare, & not worth the time & effort.

If an average person were to be actually hacked, it's more likely because of their online activities, ie: unsafe browsing practices, or something personal, ie: someone who they really p*ssed off.

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please stop using the device if it is too hot to keep in contact with your skin. Do not attempt to charge or use the device.
Please read the following information if your device is getting too hot :
1. Poor signal strength can cause the device to work harder in order to obtain a better connection. Please check your network connection.
2. If the device is hot while charging, remove any cases or pouches from the device and then check the USB connection for corrosion. Make sure the charger is removed once the battery is fully charged. Failing to do so can overheat the device.
3. Check if the device is exposed to extreme heat or direct sunlight.
4. Heavy usage of the device, such as streaming media, playing games, or Tethering/Hotspot can cause the device to heat up. Apps that require more power can also cause the device to overheat.
5. If apps are not running properly, ensure the device is being charged on a flat surface and remove the case if applicable.
6. Exit apps that are not in use.
7. Update the device by opening Settings, tapping Software update, and then tapping Check for software updates or Download and install.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Already mentioned that 😉

"If you have apps running & refreshing constantly in the background, that will drain the battery.".

Samsung's Moderator, Axton's response is likely a bit too cautious, based on what the OP said. 

TechHobbyiest
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well no if you use havey case that does not give breathing room for air flow can cause it and if your doing realy long online video chats also can do this one more thing some apps that you use might use full power could cause it to over heat but being hacked I don't thing so and if also playing games too long can cause that and any apps that pull more data can cause that at times good luck
0 Likes
YadavG
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Even i am facing alot battery issue. It getting drained like this phone is 5 years old and it's brand new s22 ultra.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Can you post screen shots of the battery usage?

0 Likes