Galaxy S
My s22 is running hot  alot for no reason 
could my phone be hacked?? the battery is draining to
acting weird 

15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's extremely unlikely that your device has been "hacked". I don't know why so many people seem to jump on this remote possibility.

What do you mean by "running weird"?

What are you doing when you feel that the device is running hot, and what is it's temperature, battery & cpu?

What brightness level is your device set at, that can cause it to run warmer & also increases the drain on the battery. 

If you have apps running & refreshing constantly in the background, that will drain the battery.

If you really believe that your device's security has been compromised, backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. Change your passwords & enable 2-Step verification. 

audiojfr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
well i it runs slow just watching videos on the internet it runs hot and the battery drains fast i was just asking because it supposedly they signs when the phone is hacked
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If the screen is automatically increasing the Brightness to watch videos, that explains the higher temperature AND the increased battery usage. 

A poor Internet connection, could also contribute to higher battery drain. 

audiojfr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
And some settings changed in my samsung keyboard that I didn't do
0 Likes
audiojfr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi my device was hacked i did a reset and then when i was trying to sign in samsung account it said it was sending a code to my other device i don't have another device so i basically setup my phone just with google and reset all my password and secure my modem with Virgin mobile and then i was able to to reset my samsung account. Anyway alot of stress and work
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Really don't know how you managed to get your device hacked? 

In more than a decade, most of which included testing custom firmware (the least secure of all) and not once was my account compromised.. 

audiojfr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It started with Facebook with a fake 2 step verification process
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, I don't use FB.. 

0 Likes
audiojfr
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Well hackers can **bleep** governments so if someone really wants to cause you problems im sure its not hard for them
0 Likes