Original topic:

S22 Ultra 256gb freezing and restarting

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 05:16 AM)
SonnyTheMoney
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I purchased a new S22 Ultra 256gb Aug 18. About 2 weeks ago I noticed it froze up and restarted on its own while I was scrolling on a web page. It seemed to be a random 1 time thing so I did not worry. Over the next weeks it is doing this more and more frequently. No single app or usage seems to be triggering the crash.it happens even when the phone is not being actively used. Can be sitting on my desk and it just restarts. Samsung members is detecting the improper restarts and I have sent dozens of logs as they request.

I did a full reset and restore but no change in the issues. Still freezing and restarts. I have submitted a help request via members but no response from Samsung.

Can anyone help or tell me if this is a known issue or what fix is available ? I have the latest available software installed.

Software update information • Current version: S908WVLS2AVHJ/S908WOYV2AVHJ/ S908WVLS2AVHJ • Security patch level: September 1, 2022
0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The fact that you have some of the same apps that you had installed on your old Note 9, doesn't mean that they are compatible with your new device.

The S22 Ultra isn't running the same Android version, so while it's not certain, some of your user installed apps may not have been updated to be compatible with Android 12.

Just because apps were downloaded from the Play Store, is not a guarantee that they are updated, or compatible, but you may (Should) see a play store description which says if the app is compatible with your device. IF you simply restored from a backup, you wouldn't necessarily see this.

As suggested, try Safe Mode first, (Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps) and let your device run for a similar amount of time, where you would usually see a Freeze / Reboot. If the device does not Freeze / Reboot, then it's almost certainly a 3rd party app. It's pretty much a trial & error to figure out which app(s) are the possible problem.

Also, as previously suggested, Factory Reset, but do not restore ANYTHING. Login to your device at the Welcome Screen and download FRESH form the Play Store your most frequently used & important apps. Run your device like this for a day or two & see if it is behaving normally now.

Last resort is to visit a Samsung Service center. 

SonnyTheMoney
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This will be a huge pain. I have 200+ apps installed from games, social media, food, banking, utilities etc. If an app is causing a crash, and Samsung KNOWS that it caused the crash, why is it not being reported to the user? Samsung members is reporting the crash. Is the offending app information contained in the crash logs, where can I see the data it contains? What info am I submitting over and over that Samsung is ignoring?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

No comment on Samsung's Customer service..

If you know what you're doing, you can download these two apps.

Logcat Extreme to get the logs & Logcat Reader Pro to read the logs.

Yeah it can be a pita to Factory Reset, but I'm only saying what I would do in your situation.

It's up to you to decide what you want.

Screenshot_20221102_190652.jpg

Screenshot_20221102_191344.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy S
To be honest it sounds like a mother board issue, take it to Samsung and get it checked out
OGTigerMoonChild
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I have been having restarting issues with my Galaxy S22 Ultra for a while and I sent it to Samsung 4 times and it came back with the same issues1677046489113.jpg
0 Likes