Original topic:

S22 Ultra Battery Drain Issues

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 10:20 PM)
Sky1611
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else facing battery issues with new S22 Ultra models. I feel like with normal usage also I need to keep changing my phone. In my earlier galaxy phones with same usage I was getting around a day battery life. Now with new S22 Ultra its hard to even go half day. Battery just drains while phone is just sitting idle. Tried all optimization settings, reduced the display settings. It's still same.
17 Comments
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, I mean, maybe, but maybe not? We trying to help Sky over here and man, it is not looking good.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Say less! 

Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm not sure I understand? I mean, I tried but you said so few that I cannot understand. Maybe if you said a bit more, I would know what I must say less about? This is a bit of a paradox though, right? Saying more to saying less? That's confusing.

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you follow the steps below and see if it works for you.

On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Optimize now.

The Quick Optimize feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closing applications running in the background.

• Management of abnormal battery usage.

• Scan for crashed apps and malware. Using the automatic optimization function.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

From the OP 

"Tried all optimization settings, reduced the display settings. It's still same."

Think that they are looking for some other ideas. 

Sky1611
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@helenna Tried optimization settings.

Also, did a wipe cache partition, it looks good since then. I will continue to monitor couple of days and see how it goes. It's showing 1D1H with full charge with battery saver ON.Screenshot_20220518-102003_Device care.jpg
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am having to charge my s22 ulta 3 times now compared to S20 FE which I only charged once a day. This is very disappointing. Plus I don't want to use power saving mode that turns off the high resolution display, turns off 5G and limits CPU. What's the point of getting a flagship phone if I have to get midrange performance in order to get enough battery performance?
Ikonik
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree with you. This battery is bad for a flagship device
0 Likes