Original topic:

s22 ultra blurry photos

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 02:39 PM)
Ech0
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I was so stoked for this phone because of the camera but recently discovered the S22 Ultra really bad at taking photos of moving objects. Trying to get my toddler or dog to stay still is difficult and results in every photo being blurry. I never had this issue with older phones, but it's as though the shutter speed is too slow? There's a significant lag to it. I bought the phone so I could take photos of the family, but unless everyone is absolutely stone still someone or something ends up blurry. 

Help.  I feel like I made the wrong purchase. I'm really missing my old pixel right now. 

8 Comments
Galaxy S
Try going into your camera settings and turn on tracking auto-focus. Then tap on your subject and you'll see a yellow box tracking your moving subject.
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Enable Pro mode and manually set the shutter speed.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you  and RobertZ.

Hi Ech0, please try the steps provided by  and RobertZ into the settings on the camera and turn on tracking auto focus. Tap on the object you want to track, and it keep focus even in motion and also to enable Pro mode and to set the shutter speed.

0 Likes
celstai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have tried these things, but I feel like it still takes bad/blurry photos. Even when my kid is very still.

I'm actually sad about it. I spent a lot of money on this phone because I wanted a good camera to take photos of my daughter. I feel like it was pretty decent when I first got it (this summer), but now and during the fall it's been very bad..

Slyfox12
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same complaint about my S22 Ultra.  I moved over to a Google Pixel 7 this year. Camera is much better and they have a "Face Unblur" feature that solves this problem.  

0 Likes
mel18840
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I'm super disappointed as well. My photos are not very clear for detail. For example if I take a picture of small print to read it better it is blurry. I keep having to get out my old s9 to take photos. I upgraded to this phone specifically for the camera. I even paid more for the extra storage. 

0 Likes
wohnjick
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Sorry but phone as well has been taking blurry/pixelated photos. Was awesome since I've had the phone (April 2022), but this is just sad ..
0 Likes
wohnjick
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001424/

Don't worry I messaged them directly and their "support staff" sent me this link.... https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001424/

The disrespect
0 Likes