Original topic:

S22 ultra mic pathetic at loud concert venue

(Topic created on: 12-31-2022 11:24 AM)
trollgods
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Why does the mic get over driven so badly at a loud concert. It is not as bad when using Facebook live as it is when using the video recorder. 
My galaxy s10e does NOT have this issue. And it has nothing to do with Dolby atmos settings as atmos is active on the s10e which has no issue.

This seems to be a software issue. And the chat tech support is kinda useless.

Doing the diagnostic is useless. Yes and no answers are NOT useful. Yes the mic works but no it does not work in loud places. It records the audio and it is horribly distorted.
The s10e sounds perfect and it's a 3yr old baby model s10.

0 Likes
12 Comments
trollgods
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So I JUST ran a test side by side both phones the s22ultra and thr s10e side by side in my car at LOUD volume on video recorder and the s22ultra is super distorted and clipped while the s10e is not.
Switched to the voice recorder app and both are good.

So.....seems like a software issue where samsung coders forgot to add an automatic limiter to the audio in the video recording app.
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi trollgods, Could you ensure that your mobile is up to date.The newest update has a number or performance improvements. follow the given steps to update mobile.Step

1. Go to Settings > tap Software update. Step

2. Tap Download and install. Step

3. If new software is available, you can choose Install now, Schedule install or Later.

If you already have software up to date, latest update information will appear as below.

0 Likes
trollgods
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is up to date. I am in Canada phone is 3wks old bought feb28. Checked for updates and it says it's up to date
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
There hasn't been a new update for the s22 series in Canada.
0 Likes
trollgods
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey samsung? Are you going to fix this or what?
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to generate error reports by following below steps Tap and hold on samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

0 Likes
trollgods
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
OK done. So how long does it take to get a response?
0 Likes
trollgods
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So did anything get changed
0 Likes
parsicko
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yo what happened what did yall do? Cause the audio quality is still disgustingly bad
0 Likes