Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra muffled top speaker

(Topic created on: 10-26-2022 07:32 AM)
AlexisCee
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone here who experienced having muffled sound out of the top speaker?

Tried isolating by sending all sound to the top speaker at Accessibility > Hearing Enhancements and confirmed that the top speaker is muffled.

Phone has never been wet nor dropped and is in an official Samsung case. 

If I will have to send this phone for repair, I'm switching to iPhone. I also had to send my previous S20 Ultra for repair, twice. 
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello AlexisCee,

Sorry to hear that, your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra speaker is having a muffled sound issue.

Really understand what you are going through, expecting your Samsung Galaxy device to work as optimum as it can be. But, don't worry, we are here to help, provide quick fixes, and offer solutions to your device problems.

Both, we will figure out what's behind the issue/s and other possible reasons and come up with the solutions by following below steps.

A) First, ensure that your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen notifications.

Also, check Samsung Members app notification bell icon for any activity and announcement. 

B) Disable Audio Ducking or Enable Multi Sound.

• Audio ducking occurs when notifications silence music or videos for less than five seconds. You can disable it as follow.

Settings > Sound and Vibrations > Audio Ducking > Disable by Toggle it to off.

• Install Sound Assistant from Galaxy Store  and tap Multi-Sound - Toggle the On button and select which app can play audio at the same time as other apps.

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/detail/com.samsung.android.soundassistant?session_id=W_80c04571e8782... 

C) Running the Diagnostic Tools under Samsung Members app.

Step 1. Run Samsung Members and select Get help on the lower half of the screen.

Step 2. Tap View Tests located under Diagnostics.

Step 3. Diagnostics checks, Individually Tap the following;

"Speaker" & "Mic"

Step 4. Your Samsung Galaxy phone will then run through the checks.

Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check.

Step 6. You can view your results after each check is complete.

D) Report error through Samsung Members app.

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports.

Step 2.Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category. Tap "Sounds/Vibrations".

Step 4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-on-samsung-members/#:~:text...

E) Close all Apps running in the background and check/remove unnecessary apps while playing music.

F) You can try using a fine brush to clean around the button & speaker port and see if there is any debris you can clean out.  Wipe it dry.

G) Restarting your device.

Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.

H) Try and check Volume Up and Down button while playing media/video playlist.

I) Maximize the Call volume.

Ensure that the volume on your device has been set to the highest level during a voice call. You can also try tapping on the speaker to see if this improves the call volume.

During a voice call, press the volume button located on the left side of your device, and then tap on the drop down arrow to open the volume settings.

Tap and drag the Call volume bar to the end to maximize the Call volume settings.

J) Power up in Safe Mode.

• Long-press the power button to launch the power menu.
  • Now long-press on the 'Power off' menu until a window appears.
  • Tap 'Yes' on the screen to reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Then check if the camera is working properly. In this case, a third party app may be conflicting with the camera software. Restart your phone in normal mode and remove recently installed or updated third-party apps one by one until the problem is gone. To completely remove the apps, you may need to restart the phone after removing each app.
K) Update Music Player app.

Step 1. Open the Google Play Store app.

Step 2. Tap Menu My apps & games.

Step 3. Navigate to Music Player/Spotify apps.

Step 4.  If an update is available, select "Update".

L) For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

M) Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

N) If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your problem gets solved.

Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
AlexisCee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. My screen protector somehow got stretched and covered the tiny top earpiece slot. My phone is fine. Not making the switch to iPhone. :)

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Comments
Solution
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello AlexisCee,

Sorry to hear that, your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra speaker is having a muffled sound issue.

Really understand what you are going through, expecting your Samsung Galaxy device to work as optimum as it can be. But, don't worry, we are here to help, provide quick fixes, and offer solutions to your device problems.

Both, we will figure out what's behind the issue/s and other possible reasons and come up with the solutions by following below steps.

A) First, ensure that your device is up-to-date with the latest Software updates.

Settings > About Phone > Software Updates > Download and Install > Follow On-screen notifications.

Also, check Samsung Members app notification bell icon for any activity and announcement. 

B) Disable Audio Ducking or Enable Multi Sound.

• Audio ducking occurs when notifications silence music or videos for less than five seconds. You can disable it as follow.

Settings > Sound and Vibrations > Audio Ducking > Disable by Toggle it to off.

• Install Sound Assistant from Galaxy Store  and tap Multi-Sound - Toggle the On button and select which app can play audio at the same time as other apps.

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/detail/com.samsung.android.soundassistant?session_id=W_80c04571e8782... 

C) Running the Diagnostic Tools under Samsung Members app.

Step 1. Run Samsung Members and select Get help on the lower half of the screen.

Step 2. Tap View Tests located under Diagnostics.

Step 3. Diagnostics checks, Individually Tap the following;

"Speaker" & "Mic"

Step 4. Your Samsung Galaxy phone will then run through the checks.

Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check.

Step 6. You can view your results after each check is complete.

D) Report error through Samsung Members app.

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports.

Step 2.Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category. Tap "Sounds/Vibrations".

Step 4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-on-samsung-members/#:~:text...

E) Close all Apps running in the background and check/remove unnecessary apps while playing music.

F) You can try using a fine brush to clean around the button & speaker port and see if there is any debris you can clean out.  Wipe it dry.

G) Restarting your device.

Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.

H) Try and check Volume Up and Down button while playing media/video playlist.

I) Maximize the Call volume.

Ensure that the volume on your device has been set to the highest level during a voice call. You can also try tapping on the speaker to see if this improves the call volume.

During a voice call, press the volume button located on the left side of your device, and then tap on the drop down arrow to open the volume settings.

Tap and drag the Call volume bar to the end to maximize the Call volume settings.

J) Power up in Safe Mode.

• Long-press the power button to launch the power menu.
  • Now long-press on the 'Power off' menu until a window appears.
  • Tap 'Yes' on the screen to reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Then check if the camera is working properly. In this case, a third party app may be conflicting with the camera software. Restart your phone in normal mode and remove recently installed or updated third-party apps one by one until the problem is gone. To completely remove the apps, you may need to restart the phone after removing each app.
K) Update Music Player app.

Step 1. Open the Google Play Store app.

Step 2. Tap Menu My apps & games.

Step 3. Navigate to Music Player/Spotify apps.

Step 4.  If an update is available, select "Update".

L) For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

M) Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

N) If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your problem gets solved.

Make sure to click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button in your subsequent response, if we have satisfied your inquiry.

0 Likes
Solution
AlexisCee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
UPDATE: Sorry, my bad. My screen protector somehow got stretched and covered the tiny top earpiece slot. My phone is fine. Not making the switch to iPhone. :)
0 Likes