Original topic:

S22 Ultra One UI 5

(Topic created on: 10-25-2022 02:35 PM)
jonloo1126
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Members, we are on the brink of getting OneUI 5 for the S22 series!

Having said that, I recently noticed a camera flaw on the S22 Ultra whereby while you're taking a photo with the 10x zoom option and the subject is close (e.g. within arm's reach), the camera would take the photo with the 3x telephoto lens cropped in. This results in poorer image quality as expected from the 10x telephoto lens.

Seems like this is going to be addressed in the latest update according to this tweet by Ice Universe on Twitter! Also saw lots of users claiming that shutter lag has tremendously improved. I'm stoked!

What do you think of these improvements?

Tweet by Ice Universe addressing the issue I realized recently.

7 Comments
Galaxy S
FYI, The update doesn't contains the camera assistant. Camera assistant is 1 of a new good lock module. You need to download it from ApkMirror, then only your camera settings have this additional camera assistant

https://www.androidsage.com/2022/10/24/samsung-released-camera-assistant-apk-new-good-lock-plugin/

The link above can download the APK. If I not mistaken, this camera assistant only support and compatible for s22 ultra.
0 Likes
jonloo1126
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Right yes thanks for clarifying! I was really hoping that One UI5 would mean general GoodLock modules rollout to all regions. Yet to know if that would happen.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I hope so, but still no. For Asia country only Singapore has the good lock app. Maybe Malaysia is not an important market for Samsung 😩
jonloo1126
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
😵💫😵💫😵💫 oh my...then hope that the settings at least exist in the camera app for none supported regions. Else it would be a huge bummer to not have these things fixed up..(or pay a visit to SG and have it downloaded haha)
0 Likes
vyan1105
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
😲😲😲😲😲
0 Likes
GunasamssYT
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Interesting!
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S