Original topic:

S22 ultra overheating

(Topic created on: 10-16-2022 09:30 AM)
mady1111
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I've been using samsung since samsung galaxy grand. I had good experience with most of them. But my s22u really disappointed  me interms of battery and overheating. It overheats quickly than my note 10 plus exynoes. Just by whatsapp call, it reaches around 40 degrees. It feels like it's gonna blast. In my experience, previous flagship like note 10 plus, s10+, s9+ gave me better and consistent experience than my s22u. 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi mady1111, have you tried safe mode? If not, we suggest you to follow these steps: You can boot up your device in Safe mode for a couple of hours to troubleshoot whether added applications are causing problem overheating. Safe mode will load only basic system software, and will disable third-party applications. Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone. Please follow the below steps to boot your device in Safe Mode and see if there are any issues.
1. Make sure your device is turned off.
2. Turn on device to boot up your device.
3. After the start-up animation starts to display, press and hold VOLUME DOWN KEY.
4. When the Home screen is displayed, Safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the Power key.
2. Tap Restart. When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily heat up due to increased battery consumption.
Also, your device may heat up due to the exterior environment conditions
(i.e. using for extended periods in very hot areas, storing device in very cold or very hot temperatures, exposure of device to direct sunlight).

0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Sd gen 1 needs to be blamed here..I owned a 22 ultra for 2 months....the processing heat was so bad even sometimes running a optimized calender app would heat up to 38 degrees....I traded it with a fold gen +1 is so better and keeps the phone cool..

For what's app video calls its a general tendency to over heat or reach mentioned temp for long calls....it happens to all devices even with iphones too..that's something what's app dev need to fix.....
mady1111
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I thought of trading my s22u for s23u. But now i am doubtful about it. Maybe it is time to move to some other mobile brand for good this time.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Well that's your personal choice...but it's a sd related that's the reason they have quickly launched gen +1....may be you could wait for s23 or choose any other phone suitable for your needs...Samsung is the only best brand for android in canada with no competition or wider options 😃....else check pixel 7 series for user experience over performance
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Kind of weird if the SD gen1 is to blame as my S22 Ultra runs pretty cool and haven't experienced any overheating since day 1.
Mikeog
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have S22 ultra sd version and note 20 ultra sd version. Note 20 Ultra feels faster and scrolling is smoother compared to the 22 ultra.