Original topic:

S22 Ultra paint starts chipping

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 11:10 AM)
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Here we go again. Last was my S8+ Black, S9+ Black, S10+ Prism White, S20+ Cloud Blue. Now its happening to my S22 Ultra Phantom Black. All suffers from paint chipping in tiny bits around the exposed areas, where a casing didn't cover completely. It is as if they were stabbed by needles or something sharp when in actual, nothing was able to come in contact with such areas. My S8+, S9+, S10+, Black, Blue or Chrome painted chassis, all would chip their paint in tiny bits around the headphone jack area, speaker and USB area, despite all were fitted into a casing from the very beginning of use. Headphone jacks and USB were plugged correctly everytime of use without touching the surrounding paint, yet the paint still chips away like pimples popping at random. Now this S22 Ultra Phantom Black 512GB suffers from chipped paint around the S Pen silo opening. Why oh why the paint used on Samsung flagships were so weak. When will you improve the paint composition. Or better yet, just leave it with exposed metal colour. Haiz.... 😞 😞 😞 I guess more users would notice this sooner or later so here we go again as it is an issue that wasn't solved from the very beginning.

Started to chip away.

11 Comments
Tayar
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Ended up everytime I buy a new samsung note, I just don't tear out the sticker they provided
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The sticker is still there if you try to notice from the pic. Chipping on those exposed
0 Likes
Tayar
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Ouhh so sorry for that happen to yours
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
True. But those spots where the paint chips leaves indentation from the supposed smooth surface finish. Running our fingernails past these surfaces really strikes the OCD for perfection when it wasn't even caused by intrusion of sharp objects. It just chips away on its own.
Members_OOjwjsI
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Happened to me. I was using my phone earlier and i noticed black colors on my left forefinger. Chipping on its own. Weak paintjob

0 Likes
Members_MbX48sY
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Happened to mine too. Same color. Sticker still there but paint chipping outside the sticker area... So called premium phone but lousy finishing

0 Likes
Nixiuh
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

IMG-20220804-WA0001.jpg

Had my phone for 6 months now, got the chip near the charging port. Original stickers are still attached. Very sad and the chip is driving me crazy. 

0 Likes
Infr412
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here.... 😒 The phone was like 1 minute without case and tempered glass. Scratches on the side and paint chipping on the bottom next to the pen. Never been dropped. Never got any dmg, and still... looks like a 4 yrs old device, or like I'm working on construction site. Super disappointing from a flagship device. Big boo for samsung. It's a joke.

0 Likes
Members_OOjwjsI
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20220812-095121_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes