Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Poor Reception

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 10:01 PM)
AungKK
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. Does anyone having weak mobile signals and signal keeps dropping since the first day of using S22 Ultra? I have tried the SIM card on other device, it gets way better signal. My phone also keeps connecting from 5G to 4G randomly and it's annoying. It could be a software bug or hardware problem. I am a Samsung loyal user since the S2. SAMSUNG STOP IGNORING US AND FIX IT! 

UPDATE: Switching SIM card from SIM 1 to SIM 2 Slot, temporarily solves the network signal dropping problem. 

92 Comments
may-s
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Products are sub standard and service are pathetic, I am not comfortable with apple so end up with Samsung...
AungKK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Just to let everyone know that, this is a widespread issue regarding calling reception on the GSM networks... I have updated my S22 Ultra to the latest software update today. The problem is still the same. Read https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/problems-with-gsm-network-on-galaxy-s22-ultra/... The issue is not only on the SG's S22 Ultra Snapdragon version, it is even worse on the Exynos variant in the EU, UK etc. Samsung should really take this matter seriously into consideration and this shouldn't even be an issue (calling features) at ALL on a PREMIUM flagship phones! What an EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT.

s22UltraProblems
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi.  I have the same poor signal and dropped calls situation on my S22 Ultra.  Performed every known "trick" from hard resets to animal sacrifice.  Sim card is perfect in another phone.  Others at location have great signal.  Verizon told me that my replacement phone will not arrive until March 28th, soonest.

Ma1d1n1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I bought my s21 ultra many mths ago and had the same issues frequently. I had so many different phones before and this flagship phone is the only one that consistently giving me such issue! Very disappointing!
AungKK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi. Did you manage to resolve the issue? Have you tried factory reset? I heard some say it's their software glitch...
0 Likes
Galaxy S

I am having the same issue! Tried network reset, airplane mode, new sim and factory rest still have crappy service and no service in place I have never had a problem before! Very frustrating!🤬

I got my S22 Ultra unlocked straight from Samsung and using it on Spectrum Moblie.

Redalice06
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Both my husband and I are noticing intermittent signal loss on our  S22 Ultras. The network goes from 4-5 bars to completely crossed out, then pops back up to full bars again.  Previously we both had Note 10+ and rarely noticed anything in our house. We have T-Mobile.

We have different cases, apps, etc so I find it hard to believe it's any interference from that. Often if the phone is locked the screen will say Wi-Fi calling only. 

winnoe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have been having the same issues as well. Due to nature of my business I carry 3 phones at a time. I just switched my personal phone from 4G SIM card / Note10+, to 5G SIM on S22 Ultra 5G.

The signal drops constantly. Tried this myself with my other phones, desk line can connect to other 2 phones (both 4-5 bars) but says "The subscriber is out of service" on my S22 Ultra. The phone however shows it is 5 bars connected on 5G. It stays that way constantly 5-15mins without change (shows strong signal but no one can call in), until i use the S22ultra to make a phone call, the phone  does this;

- it tries to call out
- it fails, and call drops on S22 ultra side
- signal drops to zero for 10-15 sec
- after 10-15 sec it goes to 5 bars, but no 4G, 4G+ or 5G  signal
- i try to call out again, then  the 5 bar signal cycles to 4G connection... then 4G+... then finally 5G, and then the phone dials out and rings my other  cellphone.

Also the signal drops again once i move to a new location, or while i am travelling. I need to repeat the steps to dial out again or go in/out of airplane mode to "refresh" the network settings before i can use it.

This is most common when I am travelling by MRT, Netflix or Youtube frequently disconnects while the train is travelling above ground (Eunos to Pasir Ris, it disconnects 2-3 times each trip).

Such AWESOME performance for an almost $2000 phone.

rudylemos
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have S22 Ultra and S21 Ultra. In my work, there is poor reception, but my S22 Ultra won't even get LTE (4G), while my S21 Ultra keeps a low reception of 4G (two bars) all the time. The S22 Ultra heats a lot trying to get new messages and updates during the day because with poor reception, the connection is to slow. 

Members_tZOLY6A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

And another one here... Although, not quite as bad as some have been describing here. Mine just had significantly weaker reception that my S20 Ultra.