Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Poor Reception

(Topic created on: 03-17-2022 05:52 AM)
AungKK
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. Does anyone having weak mobile signals and signal keeps dropping since the first day of using S22 Ultra? I have tried the SIM card on other device, it gets way better signal. My phone also keeps connecting from 5G to 4G randomly and it's annoying. It could be a software bug or hardware problem. I am a Samsung loyal user since the S2. SAMSUNG STOP IGNORING US AND FIX IT! 

UPDATE: Switching SIM card from SIM 1 to SIM 2 Slot, temporarily solves the network signal dropping problem. 

92 Comments
Galaxy S
The very 1st software update for the S22 series is coming soon... Other countries already start to receive it... Spore here might be another 2 weeks... should b able to fix all these issue...

Hope it helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
Mpgendreau
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I regret getting the S22 Ultra.  Reception is horrible!  My old phone was much (S20) was much better than this!  

willeyba
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same!! Finally returned and just got a replacement yesterday... if it does the same as the first... it'll be gone and I'll keep my s20 Ultra. Was like 9 days of hell, endless calls, chats, 3 sim cards, on and on!

Bcrew33
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same. My s10 was better

Kaz1214
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

which software? no change ... my phone have also intermittent signal issue and I hate this, the customer support just said to reset all, I did and nothing happened. I want to get this fixed or return back because it is disappointed and rubbish and cannot be tolerated from  from such an expensive cell.

SamsungPradeep
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Members_04pQJdW. I am Rifa, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Can we trouble you to perform the following troubleshooting steps?

1. Soft reset
The action closes applications and clears any data in RAM (random access memory). Unsaved data in current use may be lost but data stored on the hard drive, applications and settings are not affected.

- Press Power Button, and Volume Down simultaneously for 7 to 10 seconds until Samsung Logo appears on the Screen, then releases.

2. Reset Network settings
This procedure will wipe cellular, VPN and WiFi settings, as well as all wifi networks and their passwords.

- Go to Settings
- Tap General management
- Scroll to and tap Reset
- Select the option to Reset network settings. Doing so will delete your current network configurations and restore the default values
- Tap Network Settings again to proceed
- Then tap Reset to confirm network settings reset.

3. Perform Diagnostic Test
- Launch Samsung Members app
- Tap Get Help
- Tap View tests under Diagnostics
- Select SIM card to test (make sure test shows as normal)

4. Monitor in “Safe Mode”.
It boots the phone with factory settings, while temporarily disabling all the third party applications. This helps us to understand whether the issue is caused due to any application conflict or a software problem.

Note: When you exit “Safe Mode” some of your customization options (Wallpapers,
Themes, Etc.) may be reset to default. If you use the Fingerprint security feature on a device running Marshmallow (Android 6.X) the device will require your backup password to unlock the phone after rebooting.

To enable safe mode, please follow the steps below:
i. Power off the phone.
ii. Power on the phone. The Galaxy logo displays.
iii. When the Samsung logo appears press and hold the volume down button.
iv. 'Safe Mode' displays on the bottom left hand side of the screen when the steps above are done correctly.

Verify whether the issue is resolved in the safe mode. If the issue is not replicated in safe mode, it may be due to the 3rd party application; it can be resolved by uninstalling the application(s) causing the problem by going to Apps>> Settings>> Applications>> uninstall the app one by one and check which app is causing the issue.

v. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart the phone. When it reboots, it will no longer be in Safe Mode.

5. Update Phone Software
- Go to Settings
- Software Update
- Download Updates Manually.

However, if the issue persists, may we invite you to book an appointment at our service centre - https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/where-to-find-samsung-service-centre-in-singapore/ where our service engineer will assess your device and advise you accordingly?

Thank you.

Members_Y8b1EBZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

From the number of messages, this appears to be a common problem with this phone.

I have NO reception when I go more than 5 metres inside a building, have very poor reception when at sporting events, my phone just goes in IDLE mode for extended periods when I am in the middle of something, such as playing a game online OR watching a sports event OR Youtube video.

As others have said, I regret going over to the S22 Ultra, it is the 1st phone I have actually purchased, previous phones were on phone plans, and I may go back to my S10 - (too bad I had to give back the S8 which I had NO issues with).

Surely this is a major issue and warrants a Total Recall from Samsung and a Swap Over, rather than customers having to take phones back to a Service Centre to be looked at. 

Kaz1214
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

no change ... my phone have also intermittent signal issue and I hate this, the customer support just said to reset all, I did and nothing happened. I want to get this fixed or return back because it is disappointed and rubbish and cannot be tolerated from   such an expensive cell. I need to contact authorities how to return this set to get rid of it

rhabdo24
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Having to do this daily to multiple times daily. This phone is garbage. I want a working replacement or full refund.