Original topic:

S22 Ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 01:45 PM)
KrispyEaters
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello, I've have a problem with my S22 ultra randomly restarting. I've done a complete factory reset starting from scratch and not a back-up, thinking that there might be a problem with Smart Switch but still randomly restarting. Just curious if anyone else has this issue
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Check in Settings > Battery & Device Care to see if you have a scheduled "auto restart" set up.

There really isn't any other reason, unless you have a 3rd party app causing it?

You could always try Booting into Safe Mode & see if your S22 continues this behaviour, but it's unlikely that an app would cause this, unless it's completely incompatible, AND since you said that you Factory Reset already, extremely unlikely.

Hopefully it's just the "auto restart" 🤞

KrispyEaters
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Already checked the auto-restart👎
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

When you think that there might be a problem with Smart Switch, do you mean that you restored a backup, or imported a backup from a previous device? 

I understood that you started fresh, from scratch? 

As for the Smart Switch app itself, I've used it countless times on different devices & different versions of One UI. I've never found the app itself to be a problem. 

It is entirely possible that if you did in fact restore Settings or Apps from a previous device, that could certainly explain the restarts. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we request you to generate error report by following below steps Tap and hold on samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

chris710
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This issue is happening a lot more often across the users than you think.

I'm really questioning why Samsung is keeping quiet about it???

We are not only doing their troubleshooting but also buying the overpriced tech that doesn't work!!! Absolutely unacceptable.

If Samsung want me as a client with my next phone, they better come clean and fix this now!

GFED0909
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My S22 randomly reset as well. So did my S21... everything after my Note10 has been compromised. I suspect it's new Spyware. Those is why they gave the massive deals to upgrade your phone.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What colour is the sky in your head... 🙄