Original topic:

S22 Ultra's speakers is mediocre

(Topic created on: 03-27-2022 11:52 PM)
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
On my S22 Ultra, I find the speakers lack of bass during low volume and the only way I can describe the audio quality is "muffled" and suppressed compared to my cousin's iPhone 13 Pro Max. This muffled audio is present on my S20+ also but never thought will be found here too. The only good thing of the speakers is it gets really loud in volume but still lacks of quality audio. The speakers on iphone 13 pro max really had a satisfying bass rumble, bass punch and audio quality balance when listening at comfortable volume of 30%~70% volume. The speakers on S22 Ultra doesn't satisfy my media consumption with their default Normal EQ profile. Dolby Atmos turned on only increases the pitch but still lacking in any satisfactory bass or audio quality enhancements. 

The sound engineers who tuned S22 Ultra speakers seems to have missed the mark entirely on how an ultimate device should sound lol. Or they were leaving it as a problem for the next S22 Ultra successor to offer the fix and get us to upgrade again. A software update would NOT suddenly upgrade my speaker hardware to sound the same as the competition. I've watched Flossy Carter's REAL Review of S22 Ultra and he also mentioned the lack of bass and audio quality on his units of S22 Ultra's speakers.

So here I would like to share my audio profile that I've set on my phone. If any other users who have better sound profile, please don't hesitate to share as I am sure many users of S22 Ultra would like to have an improved audio for entertainment consumption.

5 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Personally, I simillary agree with you. Samsung needs to level up their innovation in speaker and sound technology. Lack of base is so distinct compared to Iphone.
cyb2322
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Comparing to my wife's IP13 I would say it has less bass. but me coming from OP6 it still sounds pretty decent. 

0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Decent isn't enough, right? For its price, it should punch way above the others or at the very least, on par. Right now they are delivering subpar audio quality but their pricing was on par. 🤦 Hard to justify. Even my cousin also laughs at my phone when he suggested me to just get an iPhone 13 Pro Max as they were similarly priced. I've got the 512GB so my logic is these phones ain't cheap to begin with. The marginal price difference is whether we are willing to pay up or not only. Being a Samsung Fanboy since S1~S20 is feeling disappointed. Maybe is time for a change when the grass is looking greener on the other side.
cyb2322
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
For me it's still and upgrade coming from another brand. But I hear what your saying. I was kinda surprised when I heard my wife's ip13. I told her, got bass. 😆
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah. Still, I hope Samsung does their best. Or Apple just set the bar too high with each iterations? Disrupting the industry standard.