Original topic:

S22 Ultra Screen Stain

(Topic created on: 07-21-2022 02:31 PM)
rainycloud
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Unfortunately have to write here about my issue with S22 Ultra Screen.
I like the phone, but screen durability is a big disappointment.
A huge stain appeared on the screen less than in a month, jeans/shorts pocket carry, no screen protector/case.

1. Microfiber cloth cleaned

01.jpg

2. Fingers touched

02.jpg

3. Cotton cloth cleaned

03.jpg

4. Wet

04.jpg05.jpg

5. Cotton cloth cleaned and screen on

07.jpg08.jpg

To compare with my previous OnePlus 7 Pro, same carry conditions, no screen protector/case, 3 years of use!

101.jpg102.jpg103.jpg104.jpg

I guess it's something about oleophobic. The return period is over, only warranty or paid replacement left as an option but what's the point if this comes again with a new screen. I'm shocked to be honest, first time got Samsung and this happened, I really like the phone itself, OS and features, but Carl, screen Carl?! For this price and company level, wt?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Are you sure that its not just the stock screen protector ?
0 Likes
rainycloud
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey, thanks for the reply. Don't see anything. Please see an image, I guess this is it.

20220721_152012.jpg

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry to hear this issue from you. Is there any screen protector attached on your device?

0 Likes
rainycloud
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, thank you for the reply. Please see an image, I guess this is it, I took it off first day.

20220721_152012.jpg

0 Likes
Gorcal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Good day all! My 6 month old S22 which is always kept in the protective cover as in the following pic

20230202_074607.jpg

has the same defect. 1st pic is fibre cloth wiped screen with no signs of scratches or stains, 2nd pic is with slightly wet screen and shows the stain and 3rd pic is dry screen hand touched. It seems it has some sort of protective coat deterioration. The stained area is where it is mostly finger touched to swipe up and down.

20230202_072831.jpg

20230202_072912.jpg

20230202_073135.jpg

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, it doesn't look normal. We request you to get the device examined by the service technician to know the root cause of the issue.

Please visit the link given below to know the nearest authorised Samsung Service Center to get it fixed.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
rainycloud
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

A Samsung Service Center technician sent information to a tech team and that's it, three weeks no reply. Well done.

Will try to restore oleophobic coating myself, left no choice.

0 Likes
Jayward013
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey i hAve the same exact wierd issue. Except my vegetable oil looking spot is way smaller but on the bottom left corner of my phone.. and i too use and have my phone under the same exact conditions as you, jeans pocket no case for first 2months but i have one now and no protector. 

0 Likes