Original topic:

S22 Ultra - Super fast charging 2.0

(Topic created on: 02-25-2022 12:09 PM)
k3v1n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everybody.
I got my S22 Ultra since yesterday and I bought a 45W charger to charge it faster (not the samsung one). When I connected it yesterday, the S22 Ultra showed me "Super Fast Charging 2.0" but today it's just showing me "Super Fast Charging".
But when I plug my Note 10+ into this same charger and cable, it still says "Super Fast Charging 2.0".

Is there a bug with the S22 Ultra? 
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please restart the device and check again. If it still shows super fast charging then please generate error report from Samsung Members app. How to report error using Samsung Members application. 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and Tap Error reports 2. Tap OK on agreement popup for sending system log data 3. Select Symptom category 4. Describe problem in detail and SEND.

0 Likes
k3v1n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Done. Thank you.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,  If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on three dots and tap on "Accept as Solution".

0 Likes
k3v1n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Still no solution. Looks like I'm not the only one too.
0 Likes
Labban01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi Helenna, the issue has not been resolved, I followed the steps on this discussion board and I sent an error report on Samsung members like you mentioned, but this doesn't fix the issue. I just bought the official Samsung 45 watt charger and plugged it into my S22 Ultra and I am not getting super fast charging 2.0, only the normal super fast charging that comes with the 25 watt charger. I have made sure the option is turned on in the setting and I have restarted my phone multiple times. Please let me know if there are any fixes, as I cannot find one anywhere on the Internet. It seems like its an S22 Ultra exclusive issue from what I've been reading.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
I figured it out. Your 45w charger should have a 5amp cable to enable the super fast charging 2.0 the 5amp cable is a bit bigger and the wire is thicker as well. I hope this helps. If it works please accept my solution by clicking the 3 dots on my comment. Thank you20220225_145708_6923_1645819057.jpg20220225_145938_6925_1645819181.jpg
k3v1n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That's the cable I used the first time and it worked. Now it doesn't. 20220225_151207_4618_1645819929.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
That's a aftermarket cable. Maybe the chip in the cable is dead or not recognized anymore by the s22 ultra. Try buying a new 5amp cable
k3v1n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It works with my Note 10+.
As mentioned in my original post, first day I plugged my S22 Ultra with this cable and a 45w charger and it worked. Since yesterday I tried again and it's just showing me super fast charging. Not 2.0.
But if I use this same cable with the same charger on my old Note 10+ it show me 2.0. It's weird 🤔
KillaChinchilla
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the exact same issue and same phones.

My  Note 10+ says Super Fast Charging 2.0 then when I plug in my S22Ultra I just get Super Fast Charging...

Has to be a bug.