Original topic:

S23+ Hardware 'wear'

(Topic created on: 11-24-2023 06:07 PM)
Ramzy
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have the S23+ in graphite since March 2023 and I love it. The new update is decent too.

I have one gripe with this unit, which is the seemingly excessive wear of the display glass and the aluminium rails. I have tiny hairline scratches all over my display. Some (2-3) are deeper and visible almost at all times. Many (more than 40) are visible when the screen is off, but impossible to see with the screen on. There are more scratches in the corners of the glass than in the centre. Regarding the rails (black colour on my phone), little specks of white are starting to show. Tiny paint chips basically. First there was one or two, now there are a dozen. 

I use a case on my phone 90% of the time. I think this kind of wear is a little strange and disappointing. I haven't dropped the phone without a case on and it has no severe damage. It just seems that the day to day use really leaves "impressions" lol.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I am debating to bring this phone to a physical Samsung store to get them to look at it. 

Thanks 
0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I dunno, I always use a good quality case & Whitestone Dome on my phones. 

After 8 months of going in and out of pockets, sliding on tables etc.. not too mention that aluminum is extremely soft, I would expect to see wear on it. 

Ramzy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the reply. I use the dbrand grip case. I had a screen protector on in the beginning, but it bothered me, and I read great things about this iteration of gorilla glass. I guess coming from a 4yo S10+ that barely had any display impurities I expected less wear in this kinda time frame🤷🏽
0 Likes
Ramzy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Checked out Whitestone Dome, never heard of it before. That looks legit! First time I see an actual screen protector cover the entire thing. Maybe it's not too late to use on this unit
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Although it's never happened to me, I hear that because Whitestone uses a liquid adhe, it can actually make small cracks disappear, as the liquid adhesive fills in the cracks. I would think that with small abrasions, it would work even better. kind of like windscreen repairs for cars. 

0 Likes
Ramzy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Interesting..
0 Likes