Original topic:

S23 Ultra Battery

(Topic created on: 09-17-2023 03:55 AM)
Ceejern
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I recently bought the S23 Ultra last Sep.15, 2023 and I really loved it. I'm curious about one thing though, since most Youtubers mentioned that they can easily get 8hrs Screen-On time with their phone, I wonder why I am not getting the same rate.

I'm currently at 55% with 2hrs screen on time, giving me approx. 4-5hrs of screen time.

How about you guys? What's your recent battery stats?

0 Likes
15 Comments
seojunssi
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It depends on what app you use especially apps like tiktok runs a lot in the bg and games consumes more battery. I guess.
Galaxy S
just turn on medium power saving, turn off sync, location, Bluetooth, and/or wifi if not in use
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Honestly, it really depends on how you use your phone and what apps are you running.
Galaxy S
Define SOT then you can work on getting more time in for that over rated stat. Just use your phone the way you do your things. YT is only for views although it could improve your SOT 🤣
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Ceejern,

In addition to our dear Samsung members' replies, battery life can be affected by various factors, such as device settings, environment, and usage patterns. Understanding these factors and using the settings will help you use the battery more efficiently and for a longer period of time.

To learn more on how to optimize the usage time of your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, you may click the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/ 

Galaxy S
By the way, your device is still in the learning stage. It will manage power and function eventually the more you use it. This is what I'm getting a day after a full charge.Screenshot_20230920_103557_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Ceejern
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Wow. I am hoping that it really is indeed learning my usage patterns and may still improve over continuous usage.

For context, here's my settings:
1. QHD 120HZ display
2. AOD (ON)
3. Bluetooth on - with connected watch
4. Sync on - to receive emails realtime
5. Location on - personal preference
6. I recently got a live wallpaper with minimal movements.
7. Performance Mode (Standard)

I maxed out my settings because I feel like the 5000 mAH should be sufficient partnered with snapdragon 8Gen2.

My typical usage are as follows:
1. Playing games (Asphalt 9 - approx. 30mins - 1hr)
2. Browse social media (Facebook, Instagram, Viber, Emails, Tiktok, Youtube) - approx. 1hr-2hrs
3. Capturing photos / videos - approx. 30mins

So I am really not a heavy user aside from the 30mins gaming which is why I think I'm getting a low battery consumption.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
About the same as mine maxed out display 😅. That is what paid for. Except for the live wallpaper. Are you in dark mode? I usually play CoDM at least 1 hour per day. Same BT with Gear S2 and Watch 5 Ultra. Smart things is on as I have a Samsung QLED & soundbar. You nay want to employ routines. I have mine for power from 2am to 9am weekdays. Airplane mode. Power saving. Lowest brightness. Weekends and holidays I tote along power banks 🤣😂
0 Likes
Ceejern
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
With that being said, I think my device may have a problematic battery, don't you think? Every single day, almost every day I constantly need to charge around 4pm.

I don't have dark mode on, but will try my stats with dark mode enabled.

Currently, here's my battery usage.
Screenshot_20230920_125347_Device care.jpg
0 Likes