Original topic:

S23 Ultra connect to Nintendo Switch?

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 05:30 PM)
Monkey716
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I bought a new Galaxy S23 Ultra. And it won't connect to my Nintendo Switch. Shannon (chat id : #95870236) suggested that I clear my partition cache. I've done that. I've reinstalled Pokémon Go three times. It still won't connect. Yet it connects with my old Galaxy Note 10+ and IPad. Anyone have any ideas? Did I forget to turn on an option? And yes. Bluetooth is on.
87 Comments
xbill9
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Seeing the same problem on the newer Samsung phones like the S23 and the Flip z 4.  The S21 connects with no problems and other android and iphones work as well on the exact same switch.  Maybe bluetooth protocol versions or a bug in Samsungs implementation?

Timdawg919
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same problem, I was able to connect with my pixel 7 pro but I'd rather use my S23 Ultra 

xbill9
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Got a chance to do some more testing.

I used the exact same nintendo switch for each connection attempt - the original version (not the OLED or the lite) with each phone with the same copy of pokemon violet.

Pixel phones like pixel 7 connect OK.

iphone mini 13 / Iphone 14 connect OK.

Samsung S21  / S22 / Flip Z 3 - connect OK.

Samsung S23 and Flip Z 4 - No connection found.

I have restarted both the switch and the phone multiple times and toggled bluetooth on/off multiple times.

Monkey716
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup. I've tested iPad & Note 10+. Both work s23 ultra does not work.
RoccoP326
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

I thought it was just me.  I too go it to work with other Samsung phones but not the S23 Ultra.  I wrote to Niantic via Pokemon go help and got the standard answer.  I compared settings to my S21 and they are the same,  Who is the right group to complain too?  Is it Samsung, Niantic or both.  As all I see is finger pointing.

tmarja20
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same problem with my Samsung S23 Plus. Old phone (Samsung Galaxy S10+) is connecting to Nintendo Switch with no problem. Maybe some One UI related problem?

When can we expect a fix for this?

RoccoP326
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Who should provide the fix?  Is it Samsung? 

I wish someone could tell us why it is not working.

RoccoP326
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

BTW my S23Ultra will pair with my Pokemon Go plus without any issues.  This makes me believe the problem is with the Pokemon Go or switch software.

Monkey716
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I got this reply from Niantic.1678796189663.jpg
0 Likes