Original topic:

S23 Ultra Lagging

(Topic created on: 06-21-2024 03:46 AM)
Urielkzzz
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I own a s23 ultra its beeen more than a year now and at first I thought its normal but these days after the one ui 6.1 update my phone is lagging way too much and even the battery in my phone doesnot lasts long, I tried every steps ehich was possible but still my phone is lagging while opening closing apps switching apps and the frame drops are way too insane. Can anyone help me to fix it permanently......
5 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Urielkzzz, we apologize for the buggy experience and sorry to hear that your'e experiencing this issue after the update.

If you haven't tried to perform Wipe cache partition on your device, please boot your device into wiping cache partition.

It is recommended to perform wipe your cache partition through recovery mode after every update and check if it resolves the problem. If you wipe your cache partition, it removes any temporary files that may be causing issues with your device.

Turn off the unit > Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options) > Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition" > Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted > Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

If nothing works, then as a last resort please perform back up and factory data reset on your device.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/perform-a-factory-data-reset-on-your-galaxy-phone

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

Thank you.

0 Likes
Urielkzzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I did it as well and still its the same experience Iam getting , Iam having a really bad experience with my phone 🥲
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Where did you purchase the phone?
0 Likes
Urielkzzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Freedom mobile
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
If it was my phone I woukd back it up and do a factory reset. Then I woukd start it up without doing a recovery and start as a fresh account. See if the phone is still laggy. It's possible it's an app you have installed but it's also possible it has defective system board..
0 Likes