Original topic:

S23 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-21-2023 07:02 PM)
Aconger19
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Spoiler

Just got my new s23+ ultra in today tried to do the set up and I got to the point where I had to enter a pin due to me having another phone that uses same number and then the setup wizard would stop working and force close so I can't set my phone up to use it. Anyone else have that issue 

4 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Possibly your problem is trying to set up another phone using the same number??

You should take your sim card out of your old phone and put it in the new one and then set it up.

If you don't do this first and set up your phone before putting the sim card in it will automatically reset back to factory setup when you put your sim card in and you will lose everything you have done.

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, as adviced by Ray1 please take your sim card out of your old phone and put it in the new one then set it up and check if your'e able to complete the setup process.

Also, do this process first and set up your device otherwise the device will undergo factory reset and all of your data will be lost.

0 Likes
Katyjo
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This is exactly whats happening to me. I just got my new phone. The new phone already has a sim card in it. Verizon said this was easy..I was just supposed to set the phones next to each other and allow the transfer on both (sending and receiving) I can't get passed the PIN. It is correct. It starts the whole process all over again after I enter the PIN. Then eventually says the setup wizard isnt responding...currently,  I have a very expensive paperweight just sitting here..grrr..

0 Likes
Katyjo
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Because the new phone already has a sim card in it, I shouldn't have to take the sim from the old galaxy s21 ultra and put it into the new s23 ultra. Please someone help 🙏 

0 Likes