jamesy
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S

14 Comments
RathAdventures
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Just got the update here in Canada, my phones display was perfect prior to this update. No grain issues, no colour banding issues. The first thing I immediately noticed after installing the April update was some pretty severe display issues. Mainly colour banding, mostly in the greens and blues. My once perfect display is not horrendous to look at.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
No issues with mine
RathAdventures
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Lucky you. Did you have those issues at all prior to any updates?

I have a feeling they tried to push an update to "fix" affected phones, but it's had the opposite affect on other units. Idk, but it's absolute horrible to look at right now.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
No issues whatsoever. I would go to Samsung and get it checked out. If there's a hardware issue it will be covered by warranty.
RathAdventures
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
There's no Samsung store here. And it's clearly not a hardware issue. I was using my phone for about an hour straight, perfectly fine. Did the update, issue was there immediately. It's a software issue.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I wonder why my phone isn't giving that issue. It's the same software.
RathAdventures
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No idea. Probably the same reason not all phones had the issue to begin with. Crappy quality control between hardware and software.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Honestly i would just mail the phone back to samsung and make them replace it. Of course that may not be an option if you don't have a backup. You can try clearing the cache partition and see if that helps
NukeZoned
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Canadian samsung historically kinda ***, some sorta graphics package probably wasn't updated correctly you could contact samsung and they might give you some new firmware to flash
0 Likes