Original topic:

S24 Ultra Post Update Zoom issue

(Topic created on: 02-25-2024 09:50 PM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
There is a significant issue that arose following the February 22, 2024 update for the S24 Ultra. When transitioning from the 3x lens to the 5x lens, a two-second delay occurs as the camera refocuses. This issue was not present prior to the update. Upon zooming in from 3x to 5x, the image momentarily blurs as if the camera is blinking and requires time to refocus. This poses a significant challenge when recording videos, as the blur introduced during zooming will be captured in the final footage.

video.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
I tried on my S24 Ultra (recently updated). From 3x to 5x and 3x to 10x. I don't have blur problem. It focus all the way.
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
You are lucky. It's a problem on my device. Don't know what to do
0 Likes
chu69
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have similar problem sometimes blurry also image shifts also both before and after update
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for sharing. Have you reported it to Samsung using the Samsung members app?
0 Likes
chu69
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I contacted Samsung online told me to wait for software update , did the update still same thing I'm going to contact again.
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I cant stand Samsung support. They honestly don't know anything. Not sure if it's training or what Samsung enables them to do, but support is terrible.

I know my issue is software because it was not an issue prior to update. It became an issue after the update.

So I just submit error reports using the members app.

If I know it's hardware, then will got through warranty
chu69
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Totally hear ya, support is the week link. I'm hoping mine gets sorted out but I get the run around. Hope you get yours figured out
Audiovue
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Sometimes just reinitialye you're phone to factory.
Let me know if it's working.
But after updates that's happen.
0 Likes