Original topic:

S8+ Battery Crashing

(Topic created on: 02-20-2019 05:59 PM)
shams
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I have Samsung S8+ My Phone is one year old and I am experiencing a sudden shutdown of the phone and battery showing low, but when I plug it for charging , after few minutes it shows at 70%. Any idea what is causing this ? 
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
Could just be that the battery is failing - You can check the battery health here on Samsung Members Diagnostics or there's some apps on the Play Store - Last resort would be to take it to a Samsung Service Center.
shams
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks for replying. but isn't it too early for battery as it is just one year old. ? what is estimated battery life ? any idea ?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well I don't think that the battery should start to die in just a year - But batteries are vulnerable to manufacturing defects just like any other component - It also depends on how the battery was being used & charged - I've got a 10 year old battery in a Skyrocket that still charges - mind you it doesn't last very long off the charger - But I think that it's reasonable to expect 2 - 3 years out of the original battery.
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @shams,

This does sound like a battery issue to me—I would suggest you bring it into a Samsung Service Center (https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/) so a tech can take a look at it 😊

Cheers,
Sabrina
0 Likes