Original topic:

S8 battery drain- cell standby

(Topic created on: 07-15-2019 09:20 AM)
Aldel11
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi. I am running the newest version of Android on my S8. I was having an issue on the original release of Android 9 with the Play Store using lots of battery.  Now with the latest update that is solved but my Cell Standby is using more than 25% of battery over about 12hr time.

Any suggestions? Thanks!Screenshot_20190714-231828_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
17 Comments
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Same here on my S9
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Weird - This is the Cell Standby time on my S9+ (AOD is a battery hog & not worth it imo) 🐧
fwiw - I ALWAYS Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache after applying every OTA & Recently I also Performed a Factory Reset - Not issues with the Battery - Cell Standby Drain COULD be caused by poor Network service quality...
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
There's a thread on reddit S9 saying to disable Adaptive battery and that it did wonders when they did. I'm trying that now
0 Likes
Aldel11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I also looked on reddit. Some users say using a text messaging app other than the stock Samsung messages can do this too. Im using Google messages right now. I'm gonna see how it goes today then try that.

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I use Google Messages too
Aldel11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Have you noticed any improvement with turning adaptive battery off?

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Not really. Too early to tell
0 Likes
Galaxy S
fwiw - I use Android Messages on my devices.... 🐧
0 Likes
Aldel11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I've tried all this with no results:

1. Clear cache for Google messages 

2. Clear cache in recovery boot

3. Change back to Samsung messages from Google messages

4. Turn off adaptive battery

My signal strength is usually between -95 and -87 dbm and always LTE.

I remember years ago there were problems with the bands were changing repeatedly but I wouldn't think that would be an issue any more?

0 Likes