Original topic:

S8 + battery drain com.google.android.gm error

(Topic created on: 11-22-2017 01:39 PM)
jackparrow
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
for about a week now I have been getting a notification alerting me that com.google.android.gm is using an unusual amount of battery power. Usually around 5pm I would still have a good 50% battery left, after the error started showing I would have 15-20% battery around 5pm. My S8+ has also been slower than usual and doing weird things like not wanting to make a phone call, I would have to swipe twice before a call is made to a contact. it has also been dropping calls as of today.

another symptom would be the screen flashes and the icons at the top (battery, clock and notifications) would dissapear for a few seconds before they show up again. during this time the phone will become unresponsive.
0 Likes
6 Comments
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Try to Factory reset your phone and see
0 Likes
IvanYuo
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
same problem I had for a about a week. I tried to delete the cached data, and this message did not come out again until now. So, maybe it's gonna work as well on your phone.
0 Likes
AC1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I had the same issue with my S8. Rebooted the phone and the message has not returned
0 Likes
shmeebee
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm having the same problem. it's fully charged at 7 am and then by 10 am it's almost dead and i haven't been using it. I don't want to factory reset it and loose everything on it.
0 Likes
Weazy60
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
You don't lose everything if U have a Google account...you lose stuff you've added on like Pinterest plus other extras...
all your contacts are usually saved tho.
clean your phone regularly & have all your pics n videos saved to Google plus....that way you can save em...but also delete off your phone to Save space needed.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @jackparrow, you actually won't lose your stuff if you make sure to back up your data before performing a factory reset. There are many ways of doing this, including the popularly recommending Smart Switch function. You can read more different ways to back up your data here:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/1058404

-Nick
0 Likes