Original topic:

s8+ oreo update killing the battery

(Topic created on: 03-21-2018 12:37 PM)
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
ever since the update the battery is draining very fast anyone else going through the same problem? I haven't installed anything different and the battery is less by at least 6 hours.
15 Comments
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Did you Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache after the Oreo Update?
You might also want to check that the Settings for apps running in the background haven't changed.
I'm keeping an eye on my battery - But I noticed a drop in battery life after the last Security Patch update... In theory Oreo should be more efficient than Nougat.. in theory 🐧
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I did all that and checked all my apps I can't figure it out.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Can you take a screenshot of battery usage and post it here so that we can take a look what's wrong? Thanks KOTS21.
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
What I'm doing (contrary to Samsung's recommendations) is letting the battery discharge down to ~15% Then charge to 100% Reboot and then see how the battery life is over ~20 hours
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I just charged so this is what I have and the brightness is less than half0c3776b6-cd90-4999-999b-16903da472a1.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Try shaggyskunk method. I have no idea sorry. But even your phone charged 100%, you still only get about 12hr battery life? Mine fully charge got 26+ hours battery life. Is it because of battery degrade?
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Looks normal. Decrease your screen brightness for extra battery life.
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
that's what I used to get with around 7 to 8 hours sot
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sorry, I am not expert in battery, maybe someone can help you out. Perhaps your battery need some calibration.
0 Likes