Original topic:

S8 Plus

(Topic created on: 07-30-2017 12:38 AM)
CJAdams
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Worst Galaxy I have owned. Should have never upgraded from the 7 Edge. Reception sucks! Keep having replacement phones through Rogers (which are a joke), they keep sending refurbished devices and I keep having the same issue. Went into the Samsung store at Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga, waited for 30 mins for assistance, and the CSR spoke down to me, treated me like I was an idiot - Couldn't believe how unprofessional this store was run.

Don't buy this device! You will regret it! Stick with the 7 or better yet, dump Samsung all together!
0 Likes
8 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Reception you mean your network?
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I haven't had any problems at all so far with my S8 plus but if you've had multiple refurbished replacement I would try to get to retention line and try to get them to send you a brand new for all the trouble.
Dilbert
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I haven't any issues or problems with my S8Plus since I bought it in early May
inspgadget
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Mine has worked flawlessly from day 1. Exactly what issues are you having?
0 Likes
oldschool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
doesn't anybody out there who uses smartphones realize who has the best network in Canada? hits Bell by far look at the network coverage map most of the countries getting lte-advanced will the other carriers are sucking eggs. I used to work for Rogers I wouldn't touch that carrier with a 10ft pole as far as customer service goes I don't know I'm the kind of person that makes things happen and I don't let them get away with anything but I can tell you from my experience I've used the Bell network now for about 6 years and I've watched all my friends with Telus and Rogers and everybody else have problems while I'm just going by like a Cadillac when will people wake up yeah you might pay a little bit more but you get what you pay for. and I'm in western Canada and that's an Eastern base company that took the time to build an infant structure out west and it only took them 18 months I was impressed.
0 Likes
oldschool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
here's another trick never upgrade to the new and latest greatest phone until at least three to four months after its come out because all the people that buy them right in the beginning or the ones having the problem the manufactured gets the complaints fixes them all and the rest of us benefit afterwards it's almost like not buying the first model year of a brand new car but that's something I learnt the hard way wanting the latest and greatest thing before anybody else had it not worth it if I have to brag about something like that then I have a real self-esteem problem anyhow that tends to be the thing with phones I never even got the S5 until it was out for over a year and I still had a screen problem after a year but my wife's phone work like a charm so half a dozen one dozen of the other I guess I've had the S8 plus is for a while now and no problems whatsoever but that's not to say down the road that people won't have problems you know.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @CJAdams, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at one of our stores. I'm going to pass this thread to the team so we can look into this.

-Nick
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
using S8+ on Freedom, absolutely the best device I have ever owned. I would recommend you not to blame your specific personal problems on the device, but I understand your frustration. Hit up Rogers, something is going on which is not related to the device or Samsung at all. Don't blame the wrong people.
0 Likes